Looking for solutions when you have broken your wrist

Scottlass1953

Looking for some additional solution’s to help me as I have broken my right wrist (both Radius and Ulna bones). I live alone.
I am using Meals on Wheels and I have a PSW that drops in every other day for an hour. I am right handed and I feel totally helpless and find even trying to do the smallest tasks undoable.
If you have any suggestions I would love to read them.

Last edited:
Looking for some additional solution’s to help me as I have broken my right wrist (both Radius and Ulna bones)
I am using Meals on Wheels and I have a PSW that drops in every other day for an hour. I am right handed and I feel totally helpless and find even trying to do the smallest tasks undoable.
Sorry about your wrist @ Scottlass. I know, everything takes longer and some things you will not be able to do at all. Put those off until your help arrives.

I couldn't safely drive, but at the time, my grandson was here and took me places when he could. Use home delivery for groceries beyond what PSW provides.

Be very careful in the shower.

I hope you heal quickly. 🌹

have you tried using a handy reacher, you can use this with your left hand to help get things down from higher places which might need two hands

images
There's a whole load of handy tips one this website for those with use of only one hand...

https://www.rdash.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DP4519-One-handed-activities-web.pdf

So Sorry, Scottloss…..I broke my left hand skating on a factory wall...I was 13 years old..."Stupid, Hu"....Anyway my bone on my left wrist is not
there.... it was a very long time ago....when they kept you in the Hospital for 5 days with my hand held up on a sling....I don't think they do
that now....
I also sprained, not a break, my right hand a few years ago....The Broken hand was the worse.....

Thinking of you, Scotlass. That must get so very tiresome and frustrating, sometimes.

I hope you are finding some distractions for your days, (Perhaps the humor and joke sections on this forum?) and I hope you have found some position you can get some sleep.

Hope YOU are feeling better @Scottlass1953 ... You learn how valuable your limbs are when YOU take them out of the picture... But I wish YOU the very best, and hope for a speedy recovery... and whomever offers to help, take it... never refuse help to YOU are 100% again... You may think you are almost better, and someone offers, and you say, "no, I should be ok" that's the very moment, something is going to happen... So please take all the help YOU can get to you are 110% better!

1.jpg

Sorry Scottlass, it's not only painful but irritating when you automatically try to do something without thinking.

something similar happened to me, a torn tendon and soft tissue damage, you will find that using the left hand becomes more natural. I find now that I am almost ambidextrous.

Hello to @Scottlass1953
I wonder , are you becoming extremely sick of dealing with your present challenging and difficult, drawn-out situation?:eek:😵

Or have you adapted so well, that you don't mind as much now,(y)

and especially now that you have Angus's help and companionship?
:ROFLMAO:

This happened to me so I know how frustrating it is. When the cast comes off, the muscles will have wasted away. You need to get one of those little exercise balls to build up strength again.

I had a similar experience with my right wrist. The cast wrapped around my thumb but left my fingers free . Healing took time and taking care of personal hygiene was tricky but doable. Therapy to recover is important. I'm sure you will look back on this as an aggravation that you overcame. Hope you do well in recovery.

Hello to @Scottlass1953
I wonder , are you becoming extremely sick of dealing with your present challenging and difficult, drawn-out situation?:eek:😵

Or have you adapted so well, that you don't mind as much now,(y)

and especially now that you have Angus's help and companionship?
:ROFLMAO:
I have adapted fairly well but still get frustrated. As for Angus...there is no frustration there at all. 😀

Looking for some additional solution’s to help me as I have broken my right wrist (both Radius and Ulna bones). I live alone.
Every time I find myself in a situation and I need my hubby help..I ask myself, what would I do if he was not here and I find a way to get it done. When we feel helpless and feel we have no other way, we find a way.

Back