Lotsa' Dots & Spots

Crown Jellyfish are able to make light through bioluminescence.
When they are touched, their bells will light up.
Otherwise, the bell of a crown jellyfish will look transparent when undisturbed.
When they are attacked, crown jellyfish are able to startle, mislead, and distract
their predators with the light that they produce.
They may also use their bioluminescence to lure or dazzle their prey.
cc531d8b4bc8d64361beb750187893e1.jpg

iu

SmoothSeas, I was so intrigued by your post that I wanted to know what it was called and where it was from. The closest I could find was the Grey Peacock Pheasant from SE Asia like Sri Lanka. Here is a short one minute video but the grey variety is not as intriguing as yours nor as beautiful but it does share the same name:

SmoothSeas, I was so intrigued by your post that I wanted to know what it was called and where it was from. The closest I could find was the Grey Peacock Pheasant from SE Asia like Sri Lanka. Here is a short one minute video but the grey variety is not as intriguing as yours nor as beautiful but it does share the same name:

his pic came up in my FB feed, sans any info, and I was so enamored, I felt compelled to share.

I intended to do a google image search, but I guess you beat me to it... appreciate your sharing... 🐱 🐱🐱

Back