M18A1 Claymore Mine

s-l400.jpg

I made up a whole thread about Claymore mines but after I had to agree to cookies when I signed up again everything disappeared. Oh well.
wow, that's too bad but if you open a private or incognito window, you wont be tracked. So, I guess that, for now anyhow, it's Clay-No-More mines, huh? 😊

Here are some other ways to avoid cookies - LINK or here too Another LINK

I'd be interested in knowing more about Claymore mines. Don't let a couple of cookies keep you down! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wow, that's too bad but if you open a private or incognito window, you wont be tracked. So, I guess that, for now anyhow, it's Clay-No-More mines, huh? 😊

Here are some other ways to avoid cookies - LINK or here too Another LINK

I'd be interested in knowing more about Claymore mines. Don't let a couple of cookies keep you down! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll redo it tomorrow. I have to bail now since Stinky and Kirin are having another sibling rivalry cat fight. I need a beer.

You would never want to be on the receiving end of a claymore. I have seen the carnage up close. That goes for flechette's also. When thousands are fired from a 105 howitzer point blank. :(:(

View attachment 206361 View attachment 206362
Yeah, coming into contact with either of those doesn't sound like it would be an experience that I'd want to have. Thanks for the pictures though. It's amazing the ways that men figure out how to do harm to one another. Nice too how the mines say, "Front toward enemy." Be a shame to have it backfire! The flechette's with the pointed end, it's pretty obvious which end is intended for "the enemy." Old but still deadly technology.

You would never want to be on the receiving end of a claymore. I have seen the carnage up close. That goes for flechette's also. When thousands are fired from a 105 howitzer point blank. :(:(

Yeah, coming into contact with either of those doesn't sound like it would be an experience that I'd want to have. Thanks for the pictures though. It's amazing the ways that men figure out how to do harm to one another. Nice too how the mines say, "Front toward enemy." Be a shame to have it backfire! The flechette's with the pointed end, it's pretty obvious which end is intended for "the enemy." Old but still deadly technology.

I believe Israel used flechette rounds exclusively in combat. Perfect name.

Here ya go mi amigos.

maxresdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

1d2f2a6c7254b94ca24927898ddcacaa.jpg

before-bombs-5.jpg

flech2.jpg

www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/bullets2-flechettes.htm

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Flechette

https://books.google.com/books?id=2KQd6gw1hToC&pg=PA44#v=onepage&q&f=false

www.electronicintifada.net/content/israels-military-debates-use-flechette-round/4025

https://militaryanalysis.blogspot.com/2008/12/flechette.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flechette

I think the sound of these things whizzing is scarier than the initial explosion itself.
In some of the videos the soldiers on the gunnery ranges said the flechettes sound like a massive swarm of bees.

Last edited:
You should do more Vietnam War era weapons. This brings back memories, good and bad.

I started a thread on the Vietnam War sometime last year and it's probably in the archives. I'll resurrect in the AM. Sound like a plan?

Did you ever see a German mine called the Bouncing Betty? My dad had one for awhile, but he had it disarmed before he brought it home from WWII. He was showing it around at the VFW one night and someone offered him something like $200 or $300 for it, so he sold it. That was back in the early ‘50’s, so it was a lot of money.

Back