Magnetic flashlight.

IKE

I've had the magnetic chrome Everyready 2 D cell flashlight (model # 5951) pictured below hanging on the side of the refrigerator for well over thirty years but yesterday I had wet hands, dropped it and it broke.

I've looked high and low and I can't find a replacement.....the closest I've come is a yellow one that Ray-O-Vac currently makes (model 1N2-KNL) but it's not rated all that well on Amazon mostly because of the switch being pretty loose.

Being an old fart and pretty much set in my ways I'd like to locate another one just like the one I broke yesterday but I guess that's not going to happen......suggestions ?

VINTAGE-Eveready-COMMANDER-Magnet-FLASHLIGHT-1970s-MODEL-5951-_1.jpg

Z

31604pxKxjL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Last edited:
Technology has pretty much replaced these old style "D" cell flashlights with units that, in most cases, are better. Walmart, EBAY, Harbor Freight, and most home improvement stores, sell Magnetic flashlights usually with LED bulbs, and using AA batteries....usually for $10, or less. I have a couple of old D cell flashlights, but anymore I prefer the smaller LED lights....brighter, and the batteries last longer.

I forgot, earlier....if you want a handy magnetic flashlight that you can hang on your fridge, get a couple of these from Harbor Freight. I have a half dozen spotted around the house, garage, workshop, and they work great. They have a magnet, And a hook to hang them. They take a couple of AA batteries, and I have only had to replace the batteries in one, that I got well over a year ago. They are just $4, and if you buy something else, they are usually free.

https://www.harborfreight.com/ultra-bright-led-portable-worklightflashlight-63601.html

Needing to order my Nutrigold Omega 3 anyway I went ahead and ordered two (one for spare) of the 'D' cell yellow Ray-O-Vac's from Amazon.

31604pxKxjL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Last edited:

Back