Magnified...

crispy

Here is a magnified snowflake:

2rctmvb.jpg

Thanks Crispy, have forwarded link to a rel who's interested in things scientific.

This is the kind of thing that make forums a great place, always something to rekindle our interest in the world around us.

Bees are beautiful but some look really nasty. I lived out in the country with a friend and for the first time planted bok choy, lettuce, kale, and various other greens in his garden. When the kale reached a certain height, I had a ton of really BIG, nasty looking, dark colored bees, every day, stripping the plant bare. I don't know what type of bee they were but someone tried to tell me they were killer bees.

There was a time where I had a huge amount of bees in my yard, they stayed for a few hours. The trunk of my fruit tree was covered with bees, like the tree was alive. There were also some flying in the area, and a few throughout the yard. I went out with my husband and the dogs to take a closer look, and they didn't bother us at all. They were in the process of relocating, and when they were ready to head for their new home, they took off as quickly as they came.

Back