Making Meals For Days With Ground Turkey

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I like making lots of meals from ground turkey. Tonight I'm making what I'll call Turkey Stew!

1 one pound package of ground turkey (browned in olive oil)

1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)

6 mushrooms sliced

2 stalks celery cut up

4 mini red and yellow peppers cut up

1 large onion cut up

1 cup of kale cut up

3/4 jar of Alfredo Sauce

2 cups of water

2 t of Garlic and Herbs spice

1 t of parsley

After the turkey is browned for about 5 min. you can drain it but I did not as I like the olive oil to still be there and there is not a lot of fat from the turkey.

To the turkey add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes. You can also serve it over something like noodles, crackers, mashed potatoes.

turkeystewedit.jpg

Have you cooked up anything using ground turkey? You can post it here if you like.

I have used ground turkey before and it worked just fine in my recipes. Just used it in place of ground beef. Just me now and I don't cook much so I don't buy it any more. Good recipe except for the kidney beans. I would have to use pintos as I never liked kidney beans.

I usually add a packet of GOYA beef-flavored bouillon when I use ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef.

It also works well combined with ground beef as a substitute for the ground pork and veal in meatloaf or meatball mix.

Try making your own version of low-fat breakfast sausage. This recipe is a good starting point. https://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-breakfast-sausage-patties-100408

You can cook the entire batch and freeze a few patties to thaw in the microwave on those cold winter mornings when you make French toast.

images

My mother used to make a delicious meatloaf from ground turkey but I no longer have the recipe. @Ruthanne would you happen to have a ground turkey meatloaf recipe you could share?
I have not made a ground turkey meatloaf--but looked over some recipes for it and here is a link to one of them: Ground Turkey Meatloaf There are lots of ground turkey meatloaf recipes online if you want to look at some others, too. Best wishes for a good gt meatloaf!

When turkey hamburger hit the shelves a few years back, my wife loaded up ('it's cheap')

Told her she spelt it wrong
'It's crap'
I seriously think that's where turkey poopers went

However, today's rendition is remarkably good
Can hardly tell the difference

I usually add a packet of GOYA beef-flavored bouillon when I use ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef.

It also works well combined with ground beef as a substitute for the ground pork and veal in meatloaf or meatball mix.

Try making your own version of low-fat breakfast sausage. This recipe is a good starting point. https://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-breakfast-sausage-patties-100408

You can cook the entire batch and freeze a few patties to thaw in the microwave on those cold winter mornings when you make French toast.

images
Thanks, I'll have a look at the link. I do like breakfast sausage!

I make turkey tacos. Use the ground turkey as you would ground hamburger, and I use a packet of taco seasoning.
It's really good.

A lady friend of mine has made the turkey meatloaf, and she adds stuffing to it. Like a layer of stuffing, surrounded by the meat.

I make turkey tacos. Use the ground turkey as you would ground hamburger, and I use a packet of taco seasoning.
It's really good.

A lady friend of mine has made the turkey meatloaf, and she adds stuffing to it. Like a layer of stuffing, surrounded by the meat.
That all sounds very tasty!

Back