Malapropisms

CinnamonSugar

A Quiet American
Enjoy finding malapropisms (basically saying the wrong thing at the right time)

From the the original Ms. Malaprop: "She's as headstrong as an allegory on the banks of the Nile" (meant alligator)
Or a more recent one heard on the radio in reference to weather: "shattered thunderstorms"

Tell me your fave malapropisms!

It's in your hands means success is up to you. Last America's Got Talent program Simon Cowel was explaining to a comic that has a physical deformity of short arms & deformed hands that to continue to the semi final rounds his continuance was in his hands.

(From an actual report, this high school Junior gal wrote. I read it, and laughed so hard, I cried.)

"As a young girl grows up, changes take place: Hips widen, breasts develop, and hair begins to appear in public places."

I told her that young girls would be well advised to avoid going to the library and the park!

(Are you out there, somewhere, Robbie?)

(Comment made by my old buddy, who tended to look down his nose at others):

"You can't tell me that you are supporting this overseas involvement of ours. What are you, some kind of war mongrel?"

(Hey, Paul!)

I could write a book with the ones my hubby uses. He tells me it is so hot outside there are magnets in the garbage can(maggots). He loves Napoleon ice cream(Neapolitan) and he wants corn kibbles for dinner(niblets). So hard to hold a straight face.
@Ruth n Jersey Ron does the same!!

His grandsons go to The Monastery school (Montessori)

Just last night he told me he had to remove a bunch of ivy because it was so evasive (invasive)

When he offers to cook dinner, he’ll ask if kabassy is ok (kielbasa)

He’ll tell me “Put hamberg on the grocery list will you hon?” (hamburger

Back