May 2020... Please Tell us about your Day... May Flowers should be Appearing...

Yes, it's great....it's also called Classical Stretch, then they changed the name to Essentrics. It will get in you in and keep you in shape...that's for sure! They have a studio in Montreal and they work alot with professional athletes. I found it years ago and glad I did!
I can't take a lot of really strenuous stuff anymore. So I gotta be careful. I looked that up and it looks fun.

I just did this and I'm winded. I love Just Dance. LOL!

I can't take a lot of really strenuous stuff anymore. So I gotta be careful. I looked that up and it looks fun.

I just did this and I'm winded. I love Just Dance. LOL!
Fun! I'll have to try it! I like some of the dance ones too. So many workout DVDs, in particular, have boring background music, so it's fun to workout or dance to great songs/music.

Fun! I'll have to try it! I like some of the dance ones too. So many workout DVDs, in particular, have boring background music, so it's fun to workout or dance to great songs/music.
I like this on YouTube better. I just wanted it for the exercise. I don't need the controller and all that business. LOL

I like this on YouTube better. I just wanted it for the exercise. I don't need the controller and all that business. LOL
Ha! I hear ya, sometimes I'll use my desktop or tablet and pull up something dancey, "get me in a good mood" song" workout. I just have ALOT of DVDs from over the years.

Ha! I hear ya, sometimes I'll use my desktop or tablet and pull up something dancey, "get me in a good mood" song" workout. I just have ALOT of DVDs from over the years.
Me too. I have several on in home walking working outs from Jessica Smith that I like. She works out with her mother whose 60 something and does mods.

It's good to see you, here today
@peppermint
For some reason, I had thought you were doing that very long drive, THIS weekend, and was thinking of you. 🚙🚐
Oh, it's next week! I'll wait and think about it, then. o_O:ROFLMAO:🚙🚙🚙
Thank You...Yes we have to wait for the middle of the week....Went out yesterday with our golf cart....Someone must of told everyone
in America to come here....People on line to eat, jammed pack....No one wearing masks....Everyone was cuddled together...
We got out of there fast....I never saw so many people here....I'm staying put here till my son comes to get us......

Its a beautiful day here with light winds temps in high 70's
I've just come back from my mid morning walk,on a 'spur of the moment' I walked over to see my'Bflo family',Marcia,hubby Dave,son Alexei{my 'movie buddy},Aker,family dog who is a pharoh hound. My nickname for him is'buddy boy'.I haven't seen them all since March 27th,though on my early walk on Thurs,I ran into Marcia walking 'bb' joined her as we walked around the block
Marcia was doing some planting in the garden by their front porch.I noticed 'bb' was at the screen door wagging his tail,he recognized my voice thru the mask.I asked if I could take him on a walk,last time I did this was March 21,wonderful felt like old times,he was a happy camper
This afternoon,will have my 'zoom meeting' with my brother&family see what's happening with them,perfect way to end the day
An update,couldn't have the 'family zoom meeting' ,we'll do it for Tues afternoon instead,something to look forward to Sue

Have you heard of NIA? I've taken Pilates, Step Aerobics, you name it .. and enjoyed NIA the most. There are plenty of videos online. Here is but one:

Had a phone call from the Concierge to say there was a flower delivery for me. For the life of me, I couldn't think who they could be from - Mother's Day was passed, my birthday isn't for months. To my surprise, my daughter had sent them to me, "just because" :)
peonies.justbecause.May2020.JPG

Don't know why everything turned out looking so green!

Have you heard of NIA? I've taken Pilates, Step Aerobics, you name it .. and enjoyed NIA the most. There are plenty of videos online. Here is but one:
Thanks Pinky for sharing this. I have heard of this but have never done it. It reminds me of the Body Groove dance workouts, except NIA is more structured. One thing I don't care for in the NIA workout are the vocal affirmations or the oooh's and ahhh's, but I'll probably try it just the same.

I had to wait until 6:45 am to take my early morning walk because a thunderstorm was passing thru the area,then the sun came out
This morning is my weekly call to Canopy of Neighbors members see how they are.This takes me 1hr 1/2 or longer.I always leave a message with those I don't talk to
I try to take a mid morn walk before lunch.This afternoon I may sit outside in our community garden if its not too humid

After an all day rain yesterday, my things to do list is a little limited. Too wet to put down patio blocks, to wet to edge out some grass. Looks like a really good day to dig up dandelions, never ending job, neighbours on both sides of me have yellow lawns, efforts in trying to control the weeds aren't a priority there, very frustrating, ☹, but i continue to try keeping mine under control. I spray in the front when i have to, but can't in the back because of the dogs. Sky has cleared up, so hopefully, can mow grass later.

Very hot and sunny in the garden today.. I managed to get all the Ivy trimmed back on the brick shed... and then I mowed the lawns. Fortunately my mower does the work basically itself, I just have to steer it.. ..but it was soo hot, I kept having to pop back indoors every hour or so and let the fans work their magic, and cool me down..I must be getting old, I just can't seem to take the heat as much as I always have.. 😓 :cool:

Got a few small jobs done around the house... filled up my new freezer which is outdoors from the older one which is indoors.. we're going to get rid of that as soon as the recycle centres re-open...

PM announced tonight that children years 1 and 6 to return to school on Monday , and car showrooms are to open...( I suppose to get the economy up and running and to allow the dealers to offload the early 2020 cars before the new registration cars in September come into stock)

By the 15th of June.. all shops , and stores are to re-open.. well those who are not now bankrupted due to this pandemic.. 🙁...it'll be interesting to see how many of those well known store names don't re-open again..

Last edited:
I finally clean the bird area and only have left the carpet to vacuum under their stand. It was tricky to do because everything frightens birds at least mine as new stuff bothers them and I put a new cover on them and a new cover under them, too.

Went for two walks today which should be good for health reasons.

I started doing physical therapy exercises for my wrist and hand
I found the physical therapy on YouTube. Thank goodness for YouTube they have everything!

Last edited:
We hopped in the convertible and rode with the top down. We took our pontoon boat out on the lake for a ride {we keep it at a friend's boathouse}. Then we ate a wonderful dinner at our favorite steakhouse, which just reopened. Not many customers there yet, but the food was hot and delicious. We wanted to support this restaurant, since they have been closed for 2 months.

We had a much needed fun day!

Good Morning Everyone...
Tuesday already, gotta slow time down a wee bit... Not sure how... They always told me the older you get, the faster time goes by, ok, got the message, now slow it down some...

Well we had a leak on the pool late Sunday afternoon, got that fixed yesterday, now the pump won't run, it just hums, so I am wondering if something got stuck, so going to disconnect one pipe at a time, and see if the water is flowing from it. We'll start there...

Did all new gardening in the front of the house, looks a lot cleaner and fresher... Over the summer, I am going to dig all-around all the trees where I cut the grass, and dig it down to dirt, so get rid of the weeds, and put some mulch down... clean it up some... Again if I can get the pictures off my phone, I could share it with you... Still working on that one...

The Grandson is coming over for a visit today, can't wait, miss him so very much... It seems like forever ago since I have seen him. So going to play cars and trucks with him in the dirt...

It is supposed to be very very warm today, suppose to be +39 with humidity... I think that is around 102 F... One of the hottest May's I've seen...

Well, I hope YOU all have a wonderful day... Keep Safe... and God Bless YOU all...

The birdies woke me up at 4:45 this morning,went back to sleep woke up at 6:15.On my early walk at 6:45,temp was already 70 with light wind.I saw a couple people walking no masks or social distancing makes no sense to me
I'll go on my mid morning walk around 10:30 because its going to be too hot/humid this afternoon,temps near 90.I'll be staying inside.Two fans I bought last yr in catalog called'Vornado',it circulates all the air in the room,has 3 speeds.In my living room,I get the afternoon sun,close the wooden blinds it really keeps me cool,the other in my bedroom
This afternoon at 1 will be having my 'zoom meeting' with family,we couldn't do it on Sun look forward to

Back