May 2020... Please Tell us about your Day... May Flowers should be Appearing...

Was a good productive day yesterday, dug and dug dandelions, i swear new ones pop up as soon as i turn my back, 😜🤪, mowed the backyard, i swear those yellows flowers duck when they hear the mower coming. Was a mix of sun and cloud yesterday, very cool, +18, today looks like the same, maybe a shower.

Been vacuuming up bird feathers and a few seeds, too. My birds are molting now an boy do the feathers fly! It looks so much better after I got behind all the furniture and vacuumed and in between things and the all the carpet. My birds now have a new, pretty lilac colored cover and another piece of the sheeting below them--it looks much better than the old stuff I had on there before.

Took my doggie to the groomer and requested a cab driver with a mask. She was a nice lady who said that she has to be careful too as she doesn't want to bring anything home to her 2 kids. Of course I wore my mask to as I do everywhere now. I hardly go anywhere, though, so I think I am staying pretty safe.

I was so nervous about the grooming and remembered I have an anxiety medicine--so I took some and was more relaxed. It's not a benzo drug or addicting but really helped. The groomer did a very good job--cut her fur down and also her whole face was trimmed up. Doggie looks so pretty with a pretty pink bow on her collar! There was a protocol we had to do to at the groomer and it went well, everyone did what they needed to. The manager of the apt. place took me back to pick up my dog. She has been so helpful to me! There are people out there who really care. Renews my faith in the human race.

Been in the 80s today.
Have fans operating downstairs,, hubby & I do not like hot weather.

We put the AC unit in our bedroom,, have to turn it on later to cool down the room.

Hopefully it will cool off enough this evening that we can get the tomato plants ,planted.
Have to think of some sort of fencing to keep the deer from eating them.

Its in the 60s? this morning.
Have 2 different weather sites gave different temps.

We got the tomatoes planted last evening.

I bought a flat of marigolds when I was filling cemetery pots,,, didn't use as many as I thought I needed.
Will have to get busy today,, clear out the weeds & plant marigolds.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Nothing much to report today... hubs at work, overcast but warm.. , not been out in the garden much today..

Noticed there's quite a few people walking along the road together with children who are not from the same household and not practicing social distancing. I think a lot of people have given up..

I'm just looking forward to my long awaited appointment with my consultant tomorrow... Finally.. 😔

Nothing much to report today... hubs at work, overcast but warm.. , not been out in the garden much today..

Noticed there's quite a few people walking along the road together with children who are not from the same household and not practicing social distancing. I think a lot of people have given up..

I'm just looking forward to my long awaited appointment with my consultant tomorrow... Finally..
😔
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Holly.

Alright........who's the wise guy who ticked Mother Nature off again. She took a refund on the heat and replaced it with cold and gusty winds. :confused:. Sunny yesterday, gusty winds, + 20, but only felt life +10. Was going to wash my winter jacket for the 3rd time, but i see i will still need it, another cold day today. :confused: All my guys had their yearly checkup yesterday, and vaccinations, Shaalee gained weight which she needed to do, Micki, my butterball corgi, lost 3 lbs, which she needed to, Noah, good all around. So that's that for another year. Other than that trip, i managed to do my daily dandelion digging. Today, will see what i can get done.

It's been a beautiful hot day... Had to see my consultant today after a wait of more than 2 months... Fortunately it was a beautiful day because everyone who'd come to see a consultant at the clinic had to wait outside, no sitting inside in the waiting rooms.. we had to wait to have our name called before we stepped through the door.. ( just one person at a time).. then have our temperature taken immediately with a fancy temperature gun..very coo, never seen one like it before . O/h's temp was up, so he was sent packing back out the door.. but they said it was probably because we'd been standing outside waiting for 20 minutes in the hot sun...but mine was fine :LOL:

Anyway he had to stay outside while I had my consultation and examinations with the doctor.. .gotta go back next Tuesday for an Ultrasound scan.. they wanted to do it this afternoon 3 hours after my appointment, but with just about everything closed nearby there was nowhere we could kick our heels for 3 hours.. so the next available date is next week...but in the meantime I have several meds to take ..

Before heading home, I got my car hand washed by 4 hunky men .. :D, it's not been washed for 8 weeks, covered in dust.. and bird poop... and now it looks like a brand new car.:giggle:.. only £10

Stopped off in London on the way home, and I was surprised at just how many stores were open.. Bakers ( I got a hot steak bake to eat ) and some Iced doughnuts to bring home.. .. chemists.. Discount health & beauty stores.. Various supermarkets.. Independent hardware store.. ( I got 2 new 3litre jugs).. ( all the time I was wearing my mask, and my doctor even admired it asking where I bought it because it's pretty compared to the plain blue and white they are all using I suppose, .. but I noticed a lot of people not wearing any PPE at all around town .. and actually in the hospital one of the reception nurses had hers just over her mouth):unsure: ..

Picked up various bit of shopping from a couple of shops and a big bag of frozen food from the frozen food store.. .. always gotta do that when hubs is there for the muscle.. :D...but by 4pm we had to get back with the food.. and really I wanted to go out again because it was such a beautiful day, but we sat in the garden and had drinks instead..

That's been my day..

jujube,, I must have missed about you needing cataract surgery.
Was this different than regular cataract surgery?

Its been awhile since I had mine but pretty sure I didn't have to sleep face down.

Wear an eye cover the first day, go back next day & then use drops for 2 weeks.

Any how , best of luck to you.

This wasn't cataract surgery, it was retina surgery where they have to deflate the eyeball and work inside. I had the cataracts done several years ago and did fine with them but the two retina surgeries on my right eye (The second one was today, the first one a few months ago) have somehow messed up the lens.

My hernia surgery was finally performed 14 days ago, after about 2 months of state mandated postponement. Yesterday my surgeon examined me and pronounced the results to be OK. These last 2 weeks were uncomfortable, painful and basically completely inactive. The incision was bad enough but the adhesive tape holding the gauze over my shaved groin was just as painful.
Today the tape and gauze are gone. With the doctor's approval I resumed some activities: I mowed about 4 acres; I weeded some odd, herb like weeds off my mother's grave that I seeded about a year ago; I participated in a regular Master Gardener maintenance session at a public flower garden. That seems like a lot of stuff but i moved slowly and carefully. Tomorrow I'll mow the rest of my property.
And that surgery was purported to be minor......OK, my testimony is that it's only minor when it happens to someone else. This was my first and I hope last surgery.
I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who's had more major surgery.....especially if the result of it wasn't as good as before the operation.
So I'm lucky and grateful for it.

Back