Metal Nail Files

Jules

SF VIP
Today I’m stewing about the lack of quality in nail files. Obviously I just bought some today and they’re junk. It doesn’t seem to matter if I buy the metal ones or the emery boards, they’re all poor quality. I haven’t found a decent metal nail file in years.

The nail clippers aren’t much better.

Even though I’ve tried them, I’ve never cared for a professional manicure for several reasons so that’s not an alternative for me.

Where were these items manufactured?
All in China. Can’t find any other source. The set today looked like it was from Britain - in small letters, Made in China.

Last year Amazon introduced me to the $2.99 nano glass nail file & without exaggeration it’s the best file i’ve ever used….with the added bonus that if you buff it over the top of your nails they shine right up as tho you applied a coat of clear nail polish….also the glass files don’t wear out, just rinse them off and they’re good as new.

Good idea, whenever I manage to get to one.

Last night I remembered seeing battery operated manicure kits. Maybe I should investigate those.
I have, also use a diamond type file such as this quote "
  1. metal files! Glass files are much more suitable, sealing the keratin layers together at the edge of the nails and minimizing chipping.
  2. Glass files hardly wear off. They stay etched for an insane amount of time, unlike all the emery boards you have been using so far."
  3. Nail clippers just to hard to manage, so use an electric file works so much better..

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Amazon also turned me on to the best nail clippers i’ve ever used:

SZQHT 15mm Wide Jaw Opening Nail Clippers for Thick Nails,Finger Nail Clippers for Ingrown Toenail Clippers for Men,Tough Nails, Seniors, Adults.Deluxe Sturdy Stainless Steel (Silver)​

For the record, they work exceptionally well even for not-so-thick nails & they cut like butter. It‘s true that you want to make darn sure you’re clipping only your nail and not your finger/toe….but guess you can say that regardless of the type of clipper you’re using.

Jules, havve you tried Zohl nail clippers and file? I have used for years, they're German and just great!
Just checked. They don’t have them on Amazon.ca or in my searches. They might have items like this in more populous settings, except that’s not here. Even brands that appear to be European have no info about where they’re made. That’s disturbing.

That’s a good idea @Chris21E It reminded me a young manicurist. She bought a top quality Dremel tool to power her files. For her, the cost was worth it.

Back