Mobbed by raccoons!

What a dearly generous man and the joy he gets back from those chubby, well-nourished furries is priceless xo......
Thot those were carrot sticks till he said hot dogs, 20 lbs of them, holy smokes....lol....amazing how not one of them tried to bite him out of greediness....his dialogue is just great in that freezing weather and the camera footage too....I'm still watching it!
Now they're getting seconds and third helpings....hope they don't leave their poopy droppings there too, ewwww....
and hope none have rabies, oh dear me, lets not think like that cuz of their cuteness....

Last edited:
Wth, he has names for them, hahha....does he feed them every nite like this? I would just for the satisfying and giving feeling of it all, hahha.....
ROFLMAO!

That's a good question, Pops, but do check out his other raccoon and bear videos. He has many. :)

He lives in Nova Scotia, Canada.

And I thought I had a lot of raccoons. I feed 4 almost every night. But mine aren't quite that tame. Only one of them will take food out of my hand. The other 3 will let me stand an inch away while they eat. Mine also will eat fruit when that's all I feed them. But they all love cat kibble & nuts - especially Hazelnuts. One of them is crazy about peanut butter dog buscuits. He'll grab one out of my hand & run away with it to protect it from the other three.
As for "Getting bitten," it hasn't happened to me. I've hand-fed wild squirrels for years & I'm surprised at how careful they are not to bite me when they take food.
But when I fed my Boa Constrictor - different story. He was very tame & docile EXCEPT when feeding. I had to get my hand out FAST.

And I thought I had a lot of raccoons. I feed 4 almost every night. But mine aren't quite that tame. Only one of them will take food out of my hand. The other 3 will let me stand an inch away while they eat. Mine also will eat fruit when that's all I feed them. But they all love cat kibble & nuts - especially Hazelnuts. One of them is crazy about peanut butter dog buscuits. He'll grab one out of my hand & run away with it to protect it from the other three.
As for "Getting bitten," it hasn't happened to me. I've hand-fed wild squirrels for years & I'm surprised at how careful they are not to bite me when they take food.
But when I fed my Boa Constrictor - different story. He was very tame & docile EXCEPT when feeding. I had to get my hand out FAST.
That is so sweet, Win! :)

I would love to have a couple of raccoons come visit, and I'd feed them, too.

As for your pet constrictor, I seen a man get bit by one on television, and boy, you could tell it hurt bad.

That is so sweet, Win! :)

I would love to have a couple of raccoons come visit, and I'd feed them, too.
Try leaving out some cat kibble & a bowl of water. That will tell you whether raccoons visited. If the water is dirty, raccoons were there.
I previously fed some wild cats. After they left, I started to notice the water was muddy every night. I didn't know why until I saw a raccoon washing his paws in it. That was several years ago.
They go somewhere else when the weather is very hot during the day.

Try leaving out some cat kibble & a bowl of water. That will tell you whether raccoons visited. If the water is dirty, raccoons were there.
I previously fed some wild cats. After they left, I started to notice the water was muddy every night. I didn't know why until I saw a raccoon washing his paws in it. That was several years ago.
They go somewhere else when the weather is very hot during the day.
We do see raccoons every fall, but only for a short time, I gather because it gets cold and they go to sleep.

They really go for the fruit trees, and little did I know, they can climb like a cat. Found that out a few years ago.

So cute them washing their paws in the water dish!

In my State they're considered pests and dangerous to boot (high % are rabid). Thus, it's legal to destroy them but illegal to trap and release in the boonies.

When we had cats, they were always around, partaking of the cat food and water we left out while working. But no cats anymore for me ... and no racs.

Back