More closet space in my bathroom thanks to my son.

Ruth n Jersey

When we had our house built we should have made the master bath larger but just didn't think of it at the time. I had a sink with a vanity with not much space underneath. Now my son has his own cabinetry business and decided to give me the space I always wanted. I love pedestal sinks but that would eliminate the tiny storage area I had.He found a way that I could have both. On the opposite side of one wall in the bathroom is our walk in closet off the master bedroom. He cut a hole in the wall of the bathroom,and opened it up into the closet on the opposite side.He then made a nice finished wood insert that looked like a huge long box and inserted it inside the wall he cut out. He added movable shelving a nice door and crown molding all around. Inside the closet I painted the outside of the insert and added a couple of hooks. Since the insert is only about 18 inches in depth I can still hang my clothes and can reach easily in to get them. At our age we don't have much to hang anyway. I lost no closet space,only a small area where we walked to the back of the closet and I got my simple easy to clean pedestal sink. Very proud of my son and his thoughtfulnessbathroom sink (800x600).jpgdoor closed in bathroom (800x600).jpgdoor open in bathroom (800x600).jpgwalk in closet (800x600).jpg.

Back