More interesting finds in moving

These were in a box in the attic wrapped in newspapers dated 1980. They were made by the Libbey Glass Co.

View attachment 183227View attachment 183228
did you know there was no such thing as a Wallace Highlander. ?

In fact William Wallace family were South westerners, and more likely not even Scots but originally from Wales... as a Scot we got Wallace rammed down our throat in History at school.... and often visited the Wallace monument as kids

From Wicki...

William Wallace
as a Scottish knight who became one of the main leaders during the First War of Scottish Independence.[4]

Along with Andrew Moray, Wallace defeated an English army at the Battle of Stirling Bridge in September 1297. He was appointed Guardian of Scotland and served until his defeat at the Battle of Falkirk in July 1298. In August 1305, Wallace was captured in Robroyston, near Glasgow, and handed over to King Edward I of England, who had him hanged, drawn and quartered for high treason and crimes against English civilians.

Speaking of finding things, we were clearing out the back of a clothes closet, and came across a bag. In it were some things I had bought for my wife when I was on a trip to the UK and Paris in 2006. Inside was a guide book to the Louvre, a model of the Eiffel Tower, a refrigerator magnet from London, and a red glass figurine of a Welsh Dragon

186-1863496_yogi-bear-vector-yogi-bear-picnic-basket.png

I'm not sure what to do with a Kegelcizer in my possession that was in my aunt's estate. If you don't know what that is, there's one on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112222796419

I'd feel uneasy putting it out for sale - if incorrectly used, people could hurt themselves, or claim they got an infection from it. I suppose I could tell them it was a knife rest.

Last edited:

Back