Most recent unhealthy food I ate was...

@C'est Moi
I like Cheetos but they make my fingers orange. Have to use damp paper towel when eating them.

@PopsnTuff
I love Doritos, used to be addicted to them. But started to develop a bad itchy rash. :(
That rash=MSG in Cheetos and Doritos. I used to love Cheetos, but then they started adding MSG that brought on hives. They have a few lines that don't have MSG, but they're hard to find. I haven't eaten Cheetos in twenty years.

I ate a cupcake, last night. It wasn't vegan, as I caught a hint of egg in the cake, but I needed a sweet treat, and Janet's daughter had ordered them as a no contact delivery, after we ate dinner. Pretty good, actually, but wouldn't do it again.

I LOVE pure licorice, and am so disappointed to hear it affects b/p :(
Yes, Pinky. You have to be careful with it. It's not like the Kookabura candy or other types of licorice which are classified as candy. This stuff, years ago could be bought in stick form which was scored. Y&S put it out and it really was for sore throats and stomach upsets. But, I got hooked on the taste. It sometimes came with rock candy for colds. I don't believe it is available like that anymore and I had to search far and wide for what I finally found.

Pure licorice. Made with licorice root. Not a candy really and very bitter, but delicious. Very bad for anyone with blood pressure or kidney problems. I have to watch the B/P, so I am careful with it, but I've always loved it. Comes from Italy these days.

I sometimes take licorice root extract (liquid) for a burning throat, and yes, it really spikes the bp! ... but great for everything else. 😀

Back