Mothers Day Gifts.....

old medic

Is it wrong to get someone something for the kitchen or something to work with as a gift????
No matter the cost????
I spent $3200 yesterday on kitchen cabinets for the house....
Thinking about granite countertops for her birthday....

Is it wrong to get someone something for the kitchen or something to work with as a gift????
No matter the cost????
You da man!!!!! ❤️ Personally? I would love the gift...except quartz...and maybe a single red rose 🥰

No matter the cost????
A kitchen makeover is an amazing gift! To walk into a beautiful kitchen on mother's day and birthday...yes!
Now pick some wildflowers, put them in a vase, and set them on the kitchen counter 💐🌸🌼🌿
...with a love note ❤️

Last edited:
I would consider that a perfect gift. I am way beyond the romance stuff and have been purging my home for the past 3 years so any home improvement, help with repairs and upgrading is a very meaningful gift for me.
Me too..I've never been a romantic, and I would love that type of gift... and it's what I get for all Christmases and birthdays.. unless I ask specifically for something more personal.. but a new kitchen.. my garden being landscaped, anything like that ....brilliant..

I personally would not be happy receiving a rose..

That's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for her birthday ... :(
My husband got me a vacuum last year and it was the most thoughtful (and expensive) present he ever got for me. I vacuum almost every day, it's my Zen thing. I had four Dirt Devil, The Boss ones in a row and when the last one gave out I discovered they don't make them anymore. There was one on e-bay for over $1000 -- somebody was trying to take advantage of the ODC inclined like me.

In fact I couldn't find any brand that made closed bag vacuums rather than the canister type. I like the bags -- once I suck you up, I don't want to see you anymore.

So. I found a bagged Oreck online that I liked but it cost over $300, so I had just mooned over it a little. When that showed up I was both surprised and dee-lighted!

My husband got me a vacuum last year and it was the most thoughtful (and expensive) present he ever got for me. I vacuum almost every day, it's my Zen thing. I had four Dirt Devil, The Boss ones in a row and when the last one gave out I discovered they don't make them anymore. There was one on e-bay for over $1000 -- somebody was trying to take advantage of the ODC inclined like me.

In fact I couldn't find any brand that made closed bag vacuums rather than the canister type. I like the bags -- once I suck you up, I don't want to see you anymore.

So. I found a bagged Oreck online that I liked but it cost over $300, so I had just mooned over it a little. When that showed up I was both surprised and dee-lighted!
That sounds like an awsome vacuum cleaner, @Della
I should have written "broom" instead 😁

My children gave me small gifts but the entire group came for several hours. We laughed, hugged, and enjoyed each other which was the best gift of all.

Last but far from least, during the time they were here on Friday, they continued the annual tradition of painting a sign for the door of our two car garage. Each person chooses an area and paints something relevant to both them and me. My home is known as "The Mother's Day House" in the neighborhood. As in, "OMG - YOU live in the Mother's Day house?" We love seeing a new sign every year! This was the 31st sign they painted...

I get the best Mother's Day cards of anyone I've ever met.

... MD sign 2021.jpeg

My children gave me small gifts but the entire group came for several hours. We laughed, hugged, and enjoyed each other which was the best gift of all.

Last but far from least, during the time they were here on Friday, they continued the annual tradition of painting a sign for the door of our two car garage. Each person chooses an area and paints something relevant to both them and me. My home is known as "The Mother's Day House" in the neighborhood. As in, "OMG - YOU live in the Mother's Day house?" We love seeing a new sign every year! This was the 31st sign they painted...

... View attachment 164247
OMG, Star I just love this! It's the coolest thng ever. I especially love the drawing of Godzilla and King Kong- hahahahaha. What a great family you have!

... View attachment 164247
So unique .. love it! :love:

Back