Movie: Hidden Figures

Marie5656

I finally watched the movie Hidden Figures. It is about a group of African American female mathematicians who worked for the NASA space program in the 60's. The main focus was on Katheryn Johnson; Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson. They were all brilliant, but it being the 60's many could not look beyond their color, and the fact they were female. Katheryn was given a position running numbers in another part of NASA, where they were prepping for John Glenn's first orbit around the earth. To use the bathroom she had to race to a building in another part of the campus, which had the only "colored" restroom. When her boss played by Kevin Costner takes it upon himself to officially integrate the building.

Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper) is also in it and his character is very unlikeable. And that is not meant in a nice way.

I had vaguely known about these ladies prior to the movie, so was anxious to see it. It was well worth the wait. I loved it.

HF.jpg

I saw the movie last Jan,loved it with a great cast. It was nice to see Jim Parsons played a totally different role,his character was a S.O.B.
For those who have seen the movie,I recommend you read the book which is more detailed,some of the scenes in the book are in the movie. The author,Margot Lee Shetterly's late father,worked& knew these women. Sue

Hi Marie, yes, seen the movie and thought it was a wonderful film. In fact, have seen it several times and enjoyed it as much as the first time.

Back