Mules anyone?

Raven the Dancing Mule
Eight week old female, with an Oops moment! Owner claims she's playing with that white rock. :)

Last edited:
:lol: ..RR, the mules would have a tough time keeping those on. How about these? :)

images

Those are dang fine!

htmules.jpg

President Harry S. Truman with a pair of Missouri mules at the Missouri State Fair, Sedalia, Missouri.

mules_truman.jpg

Harry S. Truman with "Susie," a championship mule at the Missouri State Fair, 1955

pres33b.gif

RadishRose, that is a great video. I've seen the title, but never actually heard the song. Love the pictures too. Thank you!

Glad you liked it. That song came out when I was a little girl and my dad and I laughed ourselves silly whenever it came on the radio. Then he bought the record and we drove my mother crazy.

Mule, Sam Poe Gallery, Bisbee, AZ
Featuring contemporary art by husband and wife, Poe Dismuke and Sam Woolcott. (I see some bedsprings)

IMG_4707-mule-800.jpg

Mules along the Erie canal.

A statue erected in honor of the boys and mules that towed the barges along the Erie canal.

hoggee.jpg

Team of mules in Lockport NY, notice the series of locks in the background.
dbf8434a38302fc1b0f5c907e450dccf.jpg

Changing teams.

ChangingMules-1900.jpg

Nancy, it was one of those songs we had to learn in grade school, I guess to teach us some folk music and history. I never forgot it.

Oh my, The Brothers Four! I used to love them. It's sad that they lost Sal. Thanks for posting these, here's one more-

I can remember my Mom saying, "She's as nervous as a canal horse."

Meaning a canal horse MIGHT be pulled into the canal and drown; which, I'd guess, actually

happened occasionally. (The canal boats had no oars, motors or sails and had to be pulled through the canal by horses
tethered with ropes.)

Our summer Campground is located on the Erie Canal. Here is a couple of the oldest running tugs on the canal. Both are still being used.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 52

Back