Music, Comedy and Movies

sixstringman

Just turned 69 and these are the 3 most important things in my life (other than my wife).
Jim Morrison said, "Music is your special friend; dance on fire, as it intends" and I was
fortunate enough to hear him sing those words "live" at Boston Arena in April,1970.
My favorite Boston comedian is Don Gavin and my favorite national comedian is
Richard Pryor. The "Godfather" is my favorite movie and my favorite actors are
James Cagney, Jack Lemmon and Tom Hanks. Looking forward to posting some
stories/comments around all three of my most important interests in life.
Looking forward to reading and responding to other people's posts as the
"Elton John" section piqued my interest and prompted me to register so I
could comment.

Hi Sixstringman,belated welcoming aboard greetings,glad you found us
I'm also a movie fan,agree with you about Jack Lemmon,Tom Hanks,Gene Hackman is my all time favorite actor,though he retired from acting in 2004
Enjoy yourself here Sue in Buffalo,NY

Music ~my favorite singers ~Dean Martin~Nat King Cole~Roy Orbison~Johnny Mathis and of course Elvis Presley
Comedy ~ Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, Sabastion Manascala,Eddie Murphy
Actors ~ Simon Baker ~Pacino,DiNero,Shamare Moore,Cary Grant and Jack Nicholson

Movies ~ The Notebook,The Godfather~Arsenic and old Lace~Young Frankenstein~Laura and Goodfellas

Music: I would have to go by decade as I collect music from several decades going back to the 20s (and some of my old-time dance music is from before that time) So here are just a few of the ones I love: The Boswell Sisters; Lee Morse; Ella Fitzgerald; Billy Holiday; Sara Vaughn; Julie London; Teresa Brewer; Kay Star; The Everly Brothers :love::love: Ricky Nelson; Dean Martin; Roy Orbison; The Righteous Brothers; Dire Straits; Cyndi Lauper; The Pointer Sisters. . . .and so many more. . .currently, I'm fascinated by Elise LeGrow, Rachel Price (of Lake Street Dive), and Lola Marsh. As you may suspect, I have a large music collection.

Comedy: Currently, I'm really loving Billy Bhoy (from Scotland). I liked Red Fox on his T.V. show but found his stand up a bit too raunchy for my taste. Liked Eddie Murphy in his movies, but same as Red Fox, not particularly his stand up. Liked Phyllis Diller.

Actors a bit harder since there are many good ones: Betty Davis; Sean O'Connery; Mark Harmon (gorgeous looking fellow); Billy Bob Thornton; Steve Bucemi; and so many more. . .

Movies: This is hard since I don't go to the movies all that often. But some of my all time favorites are completely different from one another: Almost anything with Clint Eastwood; just about anything with Hugh Grant. I love all of the old dance movies with Fred and Ginger, Ann Miller, and Eleanor Powell.

The missing category - Favorite Dancers: Eleanor Powell; Ann Miller; Fred and Ginger; Gene Kelly; Gregory Hines; Bill Robinson; Savion Glover; Cyd Charrise

A belated welcome Stringman hope you enjoy the forum:)I aint been here long but enjoying it very much,re/music I like the American big band scene--Shaw,Goodman,Basie,James,my favorite singers are Sinatra,Martin,my fav movie(s) Zulu,Godfather I-2-3,fav actor Ben Johnson,Gregory Peck,Gary Cooper,Walter Brennan--I could go on.

Back