My boy, Bear, has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Marie5656

I woke up this morning to a sight I was kind of expecting. Bear, one of my rats had crossed the Bridge overnight. He had been a bit poorly of late. Not eating much, walking unsteady, and falling from the shelf of his cage a lot. Last night he was trying to groom himself while sitting in my lap, and kept falling over. I am sad, but glad he is not uncomfortable any more. He was a year and a half old.
45224328_10212011851082883_7300533913082920960_n.jpg

So sorry to hear about your Bear, Marie....hugs. :(

d28ba277ca33025150e2e79da2bdaa9b.jpg

sad to lose a pet --must have had something wrong as he wasnt that old ..
I am thinking he had a little stroke. He was falling a lot, and walked very wobbly and unsteady. Fell of the middle shelf of his cage a few times. The last time was yesterday evening. I am thinking that was what did it. He was much worse in symptoms after that fall.

Most people don't like mice and rats, I think they're cute. And they're resourceful and tough little things. This below made me laugh when shown in the news a long time ago.

My nephew and his wife have always had rats that she brought home from the facility where they had
undergone testing .. though it was forbidden.

Their rats have their own personalities, and are very loving. It's too bad their lives are so short.

So sorry to hear of your sweet Bear, Marie.

Marie,I'm sorry to learn about Bear,thanks for posting the adorable pics of him
Any time we lose a pet which we consider part of the family is always tough.
You'll always have your memories of him,take care Sue

Back