My Brother Is Dying (So What?)

I had a sister who died over a year ago and no one except her sons, husband and husbands brother went to the funeral. Her husband's brother only was to the funeral to comfort his brother and he did not like my sister. My brother went and became upset that he was the only family member at the funeral. He called me and I comforted him, then he went home after the funeral. She was not a rapist, but she said so many lies and was so mean that no one wanted to be around her.

I sprinkled holy water in and around my house to keep her spirit away and will do it now since I am talking about her.
Some people are just like that. Look at it this way, they give us something to measure ourselves against, sort of an 'I'm glad I'm not like so and so'. Inspires us to be better.

I don’t know why I revisited this post, but I’m just in kind of a mean mood tonight. I did find out my sob brother did die from lung cancer. I hope he suffered. I know God will punish me for the hate that I have in my heart for this man, but he crossed the line and deserved anything bad that came his way. I walked and drove around for 9 days with a shotgun at my side. Had I found him, they would have had to use his DNA to identify him.
I don't know you, but I'm glad you didn't find him then because your little girl needed you more and you wouldn't have had 'the rest of your life'.

My younger brother died of a heart attack in 2020, at the age of 57. There's not a day goes by that I don't think of him, and miss him. Especially in November and December around the holidays. 😥
Yes, I agree. The people that we loved and have died, this time of year is especially heartbreaking. I told this story before, but it fits here. A pastor was forced to retire because of his age. He committed suicide. His son was so distraught over this, he went to his father’s grave and he committed suicide. It tore the family apart. They moved and went their separate ways. I was called to the cemetery when the son committed suicide. He had a .357 he put in his mouth. Yeah, that’ll do it.

As for BTL, he really needs to get past this. It’s been awhile since it happened. Get some counseling. You will feel better. I promise.

This is a real bad 'thread'! Not anything good in it, just bad news, hate, and family bad feelings....

I'm Gone....thread should be closed down!
I know Timewise isn't monitoring this thread anymore, but life isn't all rainbows and roses, and I feel this forum is for everyone to vent about whatever is either bothering them or making them happy. A thread shouldn't be closed down because it makes someone uncomfortable. Just my 2 cents.

This is a real bad 'thread'! Not anything good in it, just bad news, hate, and family bad feelings....

I'm Gone....thread should be closed down!
I know Timewise isn't monitoring this thread anymore, but life isn't all rainbows and roses, and I feel this forum is for everyone to vent about whatever is either bothering them or making them happy. A thread shouldn't be closed down because it makes someone uncomfortable. Just my 2 cents.
caroln and that's about all that post is worth..."2 cents"!

Oh, hello Timewise. I thought you said you were gone! Well, we all have our own opinions, don't we! Have a great day!

I got a call late Friday night that my one younger brother (by 2 years) is dying. My older brother called me and the phone call went like this.

Brother: “Hi John. How are you doing?” Me: “I’m doing fine. What’s up?” Brother: “I thought you might want to know Mikey is dying. They give him maybe a week.” Me: “Oh yeah. if I could have got my hands on him 32 years ago, I would have given him about 10 minutes.” Brother: “Yeah, well, I thought maybe you might want to know.” CLICK

The SOB tried to rape my daughter 32 years ago. I looked for him for 9 days. Lucky for him the cops got him first, otherwise, he would already been dead and I would be in state prison.
What a terrible situation, but I can understand it. What he did was appalling and you can never forget that. Being ill and dying isn't going to change that.
I know we should forgive but sometimes it is impossible.

I had a sister who died over a year ago and no one except her sons, husband and husbands brother went to the funeral. Her husband's brother only was to the funeral to comfort his brother and he did not like my sister. My brother went and became upset that he was the only family member at the funeral. He called me and I comforted him, then he went home after the funeral. She was not a rapist, but she said so many lies and was so mean that no one wanted to be around her.

I sprinkled holy water in and around my house to keep her spirit away and will do it now since I am talking about her.
If a person is spiteful and horrid, people keep away from them. News of their death doesn't change feelings for them. Sadly, such people do deserve to die alone.

If a person is spiteful and horrid, people keep away from them. News of their death doesn't change feelings for them. Sadly, such people do deserve to die alone.
I agree.. and I hate when someone horrible has died.. and one might make a less than flattering comment about the deceased only to have the oft repeated bilge churned out parrot fashion... ''don't talk ill of the dead''.. why the heck not if they were someone who caused pain and anguish while they were alive ?

I agree.. and I hate when someone horrible has died.. and one might make a less than flattering comment about the deceased only to have the oft repeated bilge churned out parrot fashion... ''don't talk ill of the dead''.. why the heck not if they were someone who caused pain and anguish while they were alive ?
Absolutely. I knew one horrid woman in my circle, everyone was fed up of her. She would dominate the conversation, was very bigoted and often downright nasty to me for no reason. When she became ill then news of her death came, I felt nothing but relief. I couldn't suddenly conjure up nice things to say about her, so I said nothing except basic condolences to the family as must be done out of courtesy. But I do not miss her one bit.

As for BTL, he really needs to get past this. It’s been awhile since it happened. Get some counseling. You will feel better. I promise.
IMHO, I would not offer that advice to anyone who went through something like he did. He is the only one that can decide when he should let go of the anger towards his brother. In time, he may.

I threw a visiting state trooper out of my office when I returned from my father's funeral in Ohio. He offered the same advice to me. Told me to let it go, get over it and get on with life. I told the SOB to leave and don't come back until he could get his head out of his arse with his poor advice. I then spoke with his wife and advised her what transpired. Told her to have a good talking to him or our friendship was over.

He had no idea what I was dealing with, in the 6 weeks I spent in Ohio, then coming home, and getting caught up with paperwork, etc., with my 2 businesses. I didn't need his so called "words of wisdom" at that time. Later in the week, he did return and apologized.

Back