My Canon Printer and Scanner.

I will never buy a Canon Printer again because I called the support phone number and never did get a agent. I waited for two hours and never did connect. I need the system disk that came in the box. My Canon Printer and scanner is a pixma MG2520 and S/N is AGBH61220. I called 1-800-652-2666

I have had a Brother printer since forever. Not one problem.
Same here, I had Cannon till they did something & mine quit working not one to talk within tech support or emails. So I got a Brothers a year & a half ago & it's never let me down. I can print, copy scan & fax works great on all of them.

I have a HP deskjet 4240 that I bought at least 10 years ago, and it's still working good. However, the last software updates were in 2018 and the HP support site no longer supports it. If/when I can still find an ink cartridge in the stores, they cost more than the printer originally cost. However, I can still get refurbished cartridges from EBAY, at a good price.

Canon may have stopped phone support. I've had two Canon printers, both of which I happened to get for free and I love them. I got the first one as a free gift from Micro Center for purchasing my Mac desktop. I had it for maybe 10 or 11 years. It was the first printer I had that I didn't have to change both the black and color ink when one or the other got low for it to continue printing. But that changed after I downloaded new drivers. About two years ago when that started to go, my grandson gave me his Canon which was still in the box. My DIL had given it to him as a gift but he always used the other printer in the house. Several years ago my son gave me an HP as a gift. I was horrified because I know how expensive their ink is. Turns out the thing didn't work right from day one, so I told him to take it back and not get another.

@Robert59, we have had a Canon Pixma MG2500 (actually, two) for years and never installed the software. Just plugged them in and went from there. There are some nice features (scanning, converting to PDF, among others), but I believe Windows provided those. At least, that's my recollection.

Try their forum, everybody has a forum so that we
help each other and leave the company alone!

Mike.

Back