My Covid

I believe I caught the virus from someone on Monday, first symptoms appeared Wednesday night. Negative test on Thursday, positive Friday morning. My doctor prescribed Paxlovid I started taking it Friday afternoon. Just took another test, Sunday morning, still positive.

My symptoms have been sinus congestion, coughing, and some body aches. No fever. I do feel pretty tired. Taste and smell seem unaffected. I believe my symptoms would be classified as mild to semi-mild so far. Not sever. The worst was Thursday night.

I have been fully vaccinated, including 2 boosters and the updated vaccine about 6 weeks ago.

No way to know if my milder symptoms are the result of the vaccines, the Paxlovid, or just the way my body reacts, but I am glad not to be sicker. Will update as things progress.
View attachment 255358
I hope you continue to feel better Rob, and your symptoms are mild. Please take care.

Thanks for the well wishes, must have worked I feel a lot better! Pretty much cured.

I had a fairly easy go of it. Only had body aches for a day or so, and just a mild cough. I felt tired a little longer, but that past by the fifth day or so. Never had fever, upset stomach, or loss of smell or taste. If it had not been for two positive tests I wouldn't be sure I had Covid.

Started back at the gym yesterday, day 8 and back to physical therapy today. All felt fine. Per Utah's guidelines I will wear a mask when out in public until day 10 tomorrow. Makes the gym and PT a bit challenging but it was ok. It did set me back a bit with PT, but at this point my knees seem to be improved enough that the PT isn't so important.

Can't be sure why mine was mild, could have been the Paxlovid anti-viral treatment, could have been the vaccines, could just have been my body's reaction to it, or some combination. Will never know, just glad it wasn't worse.

I believe I caught the virus from someone on Monday, first symptoms appeared Wednesday night. Negative test on Thursday, positive Friday morning. My doctor prescribed Paxlovid I started taking it Friday afternoon. Just took another test, Sunday morning, still positive.

My symptoms have been sinus congestion, coughing, and some body aches. No fever. I do feel pretty tired. Taste and smell seem unaffected. I believe my symptoms would be classified as mild to semi-mild so far. Not sever. The worst was Thursday night.

I have been fully vaccinated, including 2 boosters and the updated vaccine about 6 weeks ago.

No way to know if my milder symptoms are the result of the vaccines, the Paxlovid, or just the way my body reacts, but I am glad not to be sicker. Will update as things progress.
View attachment 255358

View attachment 255358

Back