My cute little great granddaughter got her first pair of glasses today

Aneeda72

Virus or no virus a girl has to see. Daughter took her 2 year granddaughter to the doc. Sitting quietly, with a mask on, great granddaughter endured it all. I received multiple pictures of multiple glasses plopped on her cute face. We decided on the green glasses with the airplanes on the sides.

Life goes on as normal as possible. 😀

Ahh, memories.
I was born very nearsighted. My mom didn't want to believe it, so she didn't bother to listen to my 1st grade teacher who told her I couldn't read the blackboard from the front row. She said, "Naw....he's lazy, he just doesn't want to do his school work."
By the time I was eight, school administrators told her they wouldn't let me back in school until she took me to an eye doctor.
The eye doctor tested my vision & told my mom "He has to wear glasses."
She said, "Naw, he doesn't need glasses."
He said, "Do you want him to go through his whole life blind?"
After arguing with him some more, she said, "OK....maybe you're right....maybe he needs glasses.....but for how long?"

After he tried some frames on me, I said, "They don't help me see any better." LOL

Last edited:
I was in the 8th grade and had my eyes tested by the school nurse. After the test she gave me a note to give my Mom telling her she should have my eyes checked and most likely I would need glasses.
Not wanting to wear glasses I tore up the note and several others. Finally she called my Mom and I was hauled off to the optometrist.
I hated him. He was old and nasty. I guess he figured I disliked the idea of glasses and told me if I didn't wear them I'd be blind within a few months.
It was quite awhile before I put them on in the classroom but little by little I did and I noticed the world didn't come to an end and the other kids didn't even notice I was wearing them. What a relief.

Back