My Fidelity Visa has been rejected 4 times in the last week!

If you clear cookies or upgrade your browser, etc., the little security token must be reset.
I gotta call Vanguard. It's retained for my other financial accounts, even though my browser clears all cookies when I close it.

You might be right about the way Vanguard manages this. It's no big deal. I don't complain when there's an extra layer of security on my financial accounts.

I think they are trying to make sure the billing address matches the zip code you enter. If someone attempted to use your card without knowing your zip code they wouldn't be able to.
Yup.

Sure are.

It's just kind of a joke where there's one zip code for the entire county. Guessing it is a low security threshold. And interestingly, they only do verification this at gas stations. Kinda makes one curious as to what the charge-back (customer refund) process might be for gas stations.

OMG! You must be so frustrated and angry! I understand protecting customer accounts but I've never heard anything like that before! I take it it's your debit card because of the available amount you mentioned. I hope that annoying issue gets resolved soon.

Funny you mention Guitar Center. I'm getting ready to purchase a midi keyboard like the one my son just bought from them. Should get it this week. I also shave a JBL product...my husband bought me the JBL Clip a few years ago. That little thing has pretty good sound....just the stereo is not adequately separated.

When logging in to my bank account online this morning I put in my account number and password and then got a pop-up asking me if I prefer a phone call or text to get an additional number to log in with.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes because I've set up two factor identification which has become common with banks and brokerages. With so much fraud in the world, I'm happy to take the extra minute (sometimes less).

Back