My Flat Ecolution Skillet Arrived Today

fmdog44

So I am reading the instructions on this skillet and it may be why my other ceramic non-stick skillet is not non-stick.
Condition the skillet with a light coating cooking oil. This should be done also after every washing.
Remove your food from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking.
The surface is designed for cooking without butter or oil. (Never knew there was such a thing!) Butter & oil can be used for low temp cooking only.
Never use non stick sprays.
Preheat skillet on low heat 2-3 minutes before cooking
Don't exceed 300F
This surface is called "Hydro-Ceramic Non-Stick" (whatever that is)

Is your skillet the square version, FM?

black-ecolution-griddles-grill-pans-eabk-3228-64_1000.jpg

We bought one of these ceramic non stick pans a couple of years ago....when the TV was being bombarded with these ads. The "requirements" for making it non-stick were almost more trouble than it was worth. Even though we followed their instructions, it wasn't much more than a year before it became worthless. We pitched it, and went back to Farberware. Like most of that "as seen on TV" stuff, it was junk.

I guess you could fry other stuff at lower temps, like eggs and such. It's just that a manufacturer warning not to exceed 300F seemed odd, overly cautious to me. Corporate lawyers! :rolleyes:
I'll clarify the 300F it is "recommended" not prohibited. So my fault for not being more clear. I used it this morning and the eggs slid around like oil on water. Pretty amazing. I just hope it stays that way.

Back