My Husband Died Two Years Ago Today

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I had come home to get some rest because I was exhausted and stressed out. I was at the hospital for between 8 and 14 hours a day during the two weeks he spent in ICU. Two of his children had caused a ruckus because they didn't want us to honor the wishes he set forth in his living will. His youngest daughter, an attorney, drew up the document; she and I were named his medical POAs. She is the one who called me around 2:30 and said the doctor had called her to say "Father" would not make it til daylight. Right after that, the doctor called me. I think they had called me before but I was too out of it.
My step daughter took the 30 minute Uber ride to the hospital as I quickly got ready and ordered my Uber. Luckily the hospital is only 5 minutes away because the driver initially went to the wrong pick up address, adding to my anxiety. My step daughter, his sister, one of his brothers and I were with him when he passed. My son (his step son) and some of his other children got there shortly after. The hospital allowed us to stay with him for quite awhile until someone from the funeral home came to take him away.

Early this morning I had a dream about my husband that made me laugh in my sleep. So today, I'm remembering the laughter, not only in that dream but the laughs we had over the years.

picgifs-hugs-4392517.gif

I had come home to get some rest because I was exhausted and stressed out. I was at the hospital for between 8 and 14 hours a day during the two weeks he spent in ICU. Two of his children had caused a ruckus because they didn't want us to honor the wishes he set forth in his living will. His youngest daughter, an attorney, drew up the document; she and I were named his medical POAs. She is the one who called me around 2:30 and said the doctor had called her to say "Father" would not make it til daylight. Right after that, the doctor called me. I think they had called me before but I was too out of it.
My step daughter took the 30 minute Uber ride to the hospital as I quickly got ready and ordered my Uber. Luckily the hospital is only 5 minutes away because the driver initially went to the wrong pick up address, adding to my anxiety. My step daughter, his sister, one of his brothers and I were with him when he passed. My son (his step son) and some of his other children got there shortly after. The hospital allowed us to stay with him for quite awhile until someone from the funeral home came to take him away.

Early this morning I had a dream about my husband that made me laugh in my sleep. So today, I'm remembering the laughter, not only in that dream but the laughs we had over the years.

Your husband came to remind you that he is still watching over you. My husband was always laughing and loved to make jokes. Over the two years there have been many signs that he is there watching over me. It comforts me. I was very worried about our dog because they were best buddies so I took him to an animal communicator. I was told that he does see my husband and often I catch him just sitting and staring and I wonder🙃

Back