My mom's and dad's high school graduation photos

Very nice....My Mom and Dad didn't graduate High School....They had to work...
But they took care of us kids and gave my brother a College Degree...
They couldn't give me a degree, I was born 6 years before my brother....
But I did get a great job as a Secretary in a High School and I got a pension...

We did have our son and daughter to go to college...Both are married now and have kids...son's son and daughter both got a college degree, and my
daughter and her husband sent their son to college and their daughter will
attend college after she finishes her last term of High School....
Deb, your Mom and Dad were both pretty and handsome....So sorry for your loss..
My parents and older brother passed away, many years ago...I have a brother that
is 68...and Married and his kids are married with their kids...

WW2 started soon after my dad graduated. He served in the European theater, but wasn't in active combat. I'm not sure what he did between the end of the war and when he married my mom, the only work I am aware he did was at the local paper mill that went OOB in 1971. Then he worked as a custodian in the Veteran's Hospital in Albany until his passing. I am almost certain he contracted renal carcinoma from all the chemicals to which he was exposed in the days prior to OSHA.

My mom came from a family growing up during the Depression. She had 3 brothers. As kids they had to learn to work early and hard in life to supplement the family income as my maternal grandfather only worked at low-paying jobs and was too proud to apply for public assistance. After high school, she attended nursing school and got an LPN certification. She worked on and off a practical nurse, especially when the paper mill workers went on strike several times and dad was out of work. Most of the time, though, she was a homemaker and was a good cook. She started to suffer from atrial fibrillation at a relatively young age. She also had hypertension and develped Type 2 diabetes. She finally succumbed to CHF.

Last edited:
Your Parents made such a Beautiful couple. Neither of my parents graduated from High School . My Dad's parents made him drop out of school to go to work because they needed the money. He met my Mom when they were both 16yrs old. After 3 months they got married. When my Dad passed away he was 79yrs old and they had just celebrated 63yrs of marriage. My Mom lived until she was 90yrs old.

Back