My new kitchen island!

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
In the midst of all our master bedroom renovations, my hard working man has also been building a new island for the kitchen that he designed to accommodate the stove because we don’t want it against the wall anymore. The island was essentially done but he was waiting on the soft close drawer sliders that he’d ordered.

This was my surprise when I got home. I didn’t know the sliders had arrived, but after they did he decided to just finish the project and get the island installed because it was taking up so much room in the shop. The electrician is coming today to do the final hookup. I LOVE my new island and cutting board/counter!!

What a great surprise, beautiful! Kudos to Ron for his constant hard work and efforts to make everything so nice for the two of you (with all your help of course!). 👍

Oooh, beautiful! What kind of wood is that? The graining is amazing!
Thanks!! It’s maple. Lots and lots of 1” widths painstakingly put together to create the effect you see. I’m embarrassed to tell you how much time I spend arranging and rearranging the pieces to get a pattern that was pleasing to me! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Back