My Real Estate Agent Stood Me Up.

That place closed and went for 4 grand less than I was willing to offer. It was still over asking but when my agent stated the listing agent stated it was going for "way over asking" I thought it would have been worse than that. Still wish I could have got it. Still looking.

I had that happen once when I went to look at a house - this was about 20 years ago. I waited an hour and left. When I got home I called his office number, but he didn't answer. He did the next day and said he was sorry, but got "tied up" showing another listing. LAME!!!

My luck isn't great, I swear. When I put my house on the market in a different town in this county, I had two come over and chose one. Mistake. She listed my house at 150 square feet and when I called her, she told me she "couldn't change it." I knew that was a lie. Even a co-worker called me about it and stated "she's trying to keep your listing hidden so she can be both the buyer and selling agent." Also she kept delaying the agent walk through. When the smaller local office she worked for suddenly closed, I was able to dumper her and left it off the market until after the holidays.

I then called the last agent who had come through on the walk through. I also swear a fake showing was set up by this former agent I had. I got upset and the new agent stated she would take my phone number off the listing information and any showings would have to go through her. Well the next showing through her was legit and they bought the place.

Am I considering a different agent? Maybe. I may just call the listing agent if I see one in the future. I don't know. There is one agent who lists a lot of mobiles and for reasons I don't want to really get into, I'd never go through him.
I was a realtor years ago and I know of a few realtors that would show a new listing they got using their brothers or sisters or parents as "buyers", just to make the seller feel good and make it look like their house was getting a lot of traffic (interest) right away. Sleazy if you ask me.

I was a realtor years ago and I know of a few realtors that would show a new listing they got using their brothers or sisters or parents as "buyers", just to make the seller feel good and make it look like their house was getting a lot of traffic (interest) right away. Sleazy if you ask me.
Showing a home is so stressful, I guess they don't understand that. It is sleazy and kind of cruel. I didn't know what to do with my kitty (I only had one at that time and she was strictly indoors) so I put her in the carrier and put it on my bed. Since my agent was there, I felt secure. I stayed outside and new something might be up when they were in there a long time. Got an offer, which I accepted the next day.

Showing a home is so stressful, I guess they don't understand that. It is sleazy and kind of cruel. I didn't know what to do with my kitty (I only had one at that time and she was strictly indoors) so I put her in the carrier and put it on my bed. Since my agent was there, I felt secure. I stayed outside and new something might be up when they were in there a long time. Got an offer, which I accepted the next day.
You're right, it is cruel. Homeowners spend a lot of time to make the house "show ready", take care of pets, find a place to go during showings, etc. It is stressful and tiring, just to get hopes dashed when no offer is forthcoming. So glad you got your offer!

I always wondered about the tactics used when I bought my new house and got in a bidding war. The house went on the market at $235K and I made an offer. Two days later I was informed there was another interested buyer and if I wanted to show continued interest, I would have to go above what the other person offered. This went on a few more times until I my offer of $288K was accepted. I was curious if this wasn't a tactic to get the price up by claiming there was another buyer that initially offered more than I did.
Everyone I told about it said I ended up paying way too much for a 1300 sq ft house.

A older couple stopped last week at my moving sale and asked if I needed a real estate agent. They recommended their daughter and gave me her name and number. When I called I was less than thrilled with her attitude. I started talking and she interrupted me and asked if she could call me back and added it would be "right away". It was about 20 minutes, though. Then every time I started talking she'd talk right over me. Finally I was able to explain what I wanted and she said "Oh, I'm leaving for a vacation tomorrow and won't be back until the Monday after Thanksgiving."

Just my luck.

I always wondered about the tactics used when I bought my new house and got in a bidding war. The house went on the market at $235K and I made an offer. Two days later I was informed there was another interested buyer and if I wanted to show continued interest, I would have to go above what the other person offered. This went on a few more times until I my offer of $288K was accepted. I was curious if this wasn't a tactic to get the price up by claiming there was another buyer that initially offered more than I did.
Everyone I told about it said I ended up paying way too much for a 1300 sq ft house.
This is a hard call. Most over-the-asking prices usually run no more than 3%, not 19%! At 3% over, the realtor doesn't really net that much more from the sale after splitting it with the other realtor and then splitting again with his/her broker, and then taxes after that. But at 19%? That does make a difference. A good realtor will be concerned about protecting their professional reputation though and avoid unscrupulous practices. Another concern would be that by going too far over the asking price, it might not appraise out, so that's another reason not to drive the price up too high.

Back