My September photos ..

hollydolly

SF VIP
These are a few of the photos I've taken so far in the last 2 weeks...

yesterday at 2 separate village pubs, the first where we went for lunch al fresco which is a remote village pub which sells real ale , good home-made food and good conversation, and not much else, which sits right in the countryside with no houses, just horses and pnies as neighbours ..... and the second in a different village where we went for coffee after an afternoon of shopping at the garden centre... and the Mall!!

IMG-3524.jpg

IMG-3529.jpg

IMG-3532.jpg

...and after shopping we headed to a different village pub for coffee and quiet time reading the papers...

IMG-3553-1.jpg

IMG-3565.jpg

IMG-3559.jpg

...and ready for planting out today... the Herbe Grethe we bought yesterday......

IMG-3573.jpg
Thanks for the pic, @hollydolly . The plant is lovely, I have never heard of Hebes before nor Hebe Grethe! At least in my area. I've grown and seen other plants that look similar like Buddelia and Veronica. Just can't find Hebe Grethe on an American garden site.

Just saw a book about them on Amazon:
"The genus Hebe...more than 100 species and subspecies of medium-sized to dwarf evergreen shrubs .. Native to New Zealand, these plants are grown in Australia, the western United States, the United Kingdom, and continental Europe."

So that's why; I'm on the east coast.
Now I can sleep!

Several of inside the Cathedral... which we've visited many times over the years..This was an Abbey previous to becoming a Cathedral in the 16th and dates back to the 8th century, the present cathedral (Abbey) having been built in the early 11th century and is probably England's longest continuing practising church with a congregation. It differs in that respect from other Cathedrals in the UK

IMG-3730.jpg

IMG-3716.jpg

Last edited:
yes,,,,,,last time I went to st Albans,i went to Humming Bird motors,to pick up Ferrari parts,,bet that place has long gone,,,
great pics,

yes,,,,,,last time I went to st Albans,i went to Humming Bird motors,to pick up Ferrari parts,,bet that place has long gone,,,
great pics,
ah yes on London road..I know it!! Not sure if it's still there, hubs always got his parts for his Ferrari online or from HR Owen in St Albans which has also gone

Back