Need opinions/suggestions regarding refinancing our home

Your husband has a problem with self control and self discipline. Credit cards need to be paid off ASAP. Then you need to open his wallet while he is sleeping and use your scissors to cut all his credit card up into little tiny pieces. Your husband reminds me of a little kid in the local candy store. He can't help himself. All the advice about credit counselor hits the solution to the problem right on the nose.
I agree 100%..no financial self control. Unfortunately, Credit Counseling will not be the solution...been there, done that. Cutting his cards, he will only call to get them replaced.

Last edited:
Never never never use real property equity to pay off credit card debt, makes no sense. Start a structured plan to put an amount into savings every month. Shop for deals on credit rates and maybe consolidate card balances at a lower rate. Restrain any impulse to add to your already existing CC balances.
I would not consolidate with him.. will make room for him to be in the same position. He has to work on himself.

Thank you all for such great advice. Joining this group was not in vain.

I had the financial talk with my husband during dinner tonight..I somewhat already knew the outcome but had to face it. Someone posted I need to know if he is in further debt. Well, I found out sadly yes. He never admitted it, he went all around it..I then knew. I told him please don't lie about it..he got very defensive..I then knew. He definitely did not want to face it. He said feel like I am working to pay bills..I said if you spend as you do, then yes, you will work to pay bills. I went for a walk and called my 2nd mom..she let me talk to my 2nd dad... he gave great advice as to what I need to do. This is a hard pill to swallow..however, I thank my inner Source that I have been working on my inner self. I do love him, always will..not a bad man. however, time for me to look out for me. I am at a good place in my life regardless of what I am going through. I am not a Victim, I am a Victor. Much Love to you all đź’•

Back