Netflix scam 2020

kburra

New year 2020, not so new scam – Netflix email scam refreshed!!

As we enter a new year, it should come as no surprise that Netflix remains a favourite with cybercriminals. This simple email phishing scam is once more hitting inboxes in the first days of 2020. The email tells recipients ‘Your Netflix Membership is on hold’ with a sender display name of NETFLIX, although the emails are actually coming from a compromised email account.

The verification link in the email takes users to a fake Netflix ‘Sign In’ page where the scammers harvest the credentials of unsuspecting subscribers. A warning is also presented that warns users that a failure to complete the process will result in their membership being suspended.

Attachments

• net1.jpg
    net1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 4
  • net2.jpg
    net2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
I guess I'm lucky because I do not have a Netflix membership. I used to a couple of years back but not anymore. Right now I am big on watching British TV. Their detectives & series are more realistic. For example, "Jack Frost" or "George Gentley" are more human than Kojak who is just too cool but not very realistic. The Americans are always into "Super Heroes" which is just too phony for me. The other day I watched Quincy on an airport ramp heading toward a hi-jacked plane facing a terrorist with a machine gun. REALLY!

I’ve had Netflix for years but never got an email like that. I agree about the super hero’s just silly stuff! I still like my series on local channels, I watch a lot of on demand n old comedy on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Back