Never been hospitalized until.....

Kate48

Never, ever had I been in a hospital until May. Endomitrial cancer and they got it all! It was like a kick in the gut when the doctor told me. Barely any symptoms. I actually folded in half sitting in the chair and then......a little voice inside of me, might have been my mom's, said Hey kid, sit up, put that chin up and get on with it. So I did, and that is all behind me now. It was no easy operation. Life is much, much more vivid and meaningful now. I'm way different. I like myself much more. I treat people differently. I seem to be able to see people in a different way. After all, its not the destination that counts. It's the journey and mine is great.

Never, ever had I been in a hospital until May. Endomitrial cancer and they got it all! It was like a kick in the gut when the doctor told me. Barely any symptoms. I actually folded in half sitting in the chair and then......a little voice inside of me, might have been my mom's, said Hey kid, sit up, put that chin up and get on with it. So I did, and that is all behind me now. It was no easy operation. Life is much, much more vivid and meaningful now. I'm way different. I like myself much more. I treat people differently. I seem to be able to see people in a different way. After all, its not the destination that counts. It's the journey and mine is great.
God Bless...

You go girl! Know what you mean. Mine changed after my massive stroke in 1997.
I am more grateful for the little things now and for the big things like people still standing with me on this journey.

It is not unusual for blessings to come out of adversity. I'm glad that all the cancer is gone and hope that it will stay gone. That this frightening life event has changed you for the better is a great thing!

Welcometogroup.gif
Kate ...pleased to hear you're a survivor, and you can start a whole new chapter of your life again :giggle:

Back