New Disney Channel gives warning:

Didn't think I'd make many friends with that one. :)

But that's how I feel. Both sides of the PC argument seem stupid to me.

Last I heard they were trying to ban "Snow White" because
well. she and the price were both white
and
He didn't ask permission at the end of the movie ( when he woke her with his kiss) Of course, he couldn't because se WAS ASLEEP!
This is all so rediculous!

I grew up watching a fair amount of cartoon depictions of ethnic minorities now considered racist by today's standards. They didn't warp me. I always thought that this Disney cat was just really cool on the keyboard, and had some great Asian friends in school...

IMG_2040.JPG

I grew up watching a fair amount of cartoon depictions of ethnic minorities now considered racist by today's standards. They didn't warp me. I always thought that this Disney cat was just really cool on the keyboard, and had some great Asian friends in school...

View attachment 164515
Maybe true, but it would be interesting to know how your Asian friends felt about those cartoon depictions.

Last I heard they were trying to ban "Snow White" because
well. she and the price were both white
and
He didn't ask permission at the end of the movie ( when he woke her with his kiss) Of course, he couldn't because se WAS ASLEEP!
This is all so rediculous!
Heck, he thought she was dead. I'm surprised they're not accusing him of necrophilia.

Good grief John... I guess it’s just going to get worse from here on in. There’s a whole new world out there, that I don’t fit in anymore.
Societal views change over time, as does language usage. Disney's decisions have less to do with "PC" and more to do with business. Presenting older movies with their racial and sexual depictions of the times would serve only to confuse, and thus alienate the younger generations who don't have knowledge of societal norms, in bygone eras.

Disney started cranking out product in the 1920s. At that time Jim Crow was chiseled in stone. What was considered acceptable then, is definitely not considered acceptable today. As a nation we have grown to understand our fellow citizens more. Just ten years before Disney hatched Mickey, women couldn't vote. Was it merely PC that they got the right to vote, or was it that we were becoming civilized.?

Back