New Part D and Advantage plan benefits, enrollment for 2020

Thanks, Rick. At the time, F was a better deal than G, but that was before rate increases!!I guess we didn't look ahead! Our agent did explain most things(I went to a group meeting)and was the agency recommended by my school district. However, it is too late now due to preexisting conditions. I was not aware of all that!! I,too,am frugal and hate paying extra. Hindsight is usually better!!

Thanks, Rick. At the time, F was a better deal than G, but that was before rate increases!!I guess we didn't look ahead! Our agent did explain most things(I went to a group meeting)and was the agency recommended by my school district. However, it is too late now due to preexisting conditions. I was not aware of all that!! I,too,am frugal and hate paying extra. Hindsight is usually better!!

Pre-existing conditions do not necessarily preclude changing plans. High blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, etc. are all issues that are really non-issues. If you'd like to talk about this please send me a message with your phone number and I'll see what might be available.

If you are "stuck", then you're stuck. But I am sure you have more options (including staying with UHC but at a lower rate) than you think.

Rick

I am still pretty new to all this. If I like my coverage, and do not plan on changing, then I can do nothing, right??

I am still pretty new to all this. If I like my coverage, and do not plan on changing, then I can do nothing, right??
Correct. If you like your supplement INCLUDING the price you need do nothing. Advantage and drug plans do change every year so it does pay to take a look at your options.

I'd be happy to help but I do not have a license in NY.

Rick

We have an independent agent that we have had for several years now, and each year, he looks at the new plans coming out, and then we sit down with him while he goes over that things that would be important for us.
We have an Advantage plan, and it covers pretty much everything, and I really like having the fitness (Silver Sneakers) option. We go to the fitness center almost every day and I swim for an hour, and I think that it really helps me to keep my health better.
He said that he is reviewing the new plans now and can start talking with people next month, so we will probably be deciding which plan is best at that time.

We have an independent agent that we have had for several years now, and each year, he looks at the new plans coming out, and then we sit down with him while he goes over that things that would be important for us.
We have an Advantage plan, and it covers pretty much everything, and I really like having the fitness (Silver Sneakers) option. We go to the fitness center almost every day and I swim for an hour, and I think that it really helps me to keep my health better.
He said that he is reviewing the new plans now and can start talking with people next month, so we will probably be deciding which plan is best at that time.
It's good that you have that agent. About the only thing I don't like about my plan is that it doesn't have Silver Sneakers. But it's no biggie. The Planet Fitness in my neighborhood charges less than $11 a month. I need to be more dedicated to regular attendance like you. 🏊‍♂️

It's good that you have that agent. About the only thing I don't like about my plan is that it doesn't have Silver Sneakers. But it's no biggie. The Planet Fitness in my neighborhood charges less than $11 a month. I need to be more dedicated to regular attendance like you. 🏊‍♂️
we love silver sneakers . we were paying 40 a month each for my wife and i .. now we pay 90 each for a high deductible f-plan and they pay our gym ...

My wife just turns 65 in October this year and I'm 70, so we went to a free seminar and got hooked up with in insurance agent. Later, he came to the house to get our personal information and explain options. He wrote down all our prescription meds then showed us the difference in Plan D's offered by several companies. Since we take only tier 1 & 2 meds at this time, we opted for Silver Scripts because of no annual deductible. But we use Good Rx coupons instead of using insurance when we get refills since we can pay less.

Our agent, whom we just met with in August, plans to meet with us again in mid October to review our options during the open enrollment period. We see this as an annual event with him.

In about 5 weeks agents can start talking about new Part D and Advantage plan benefits. Enrollment for 2020 is October 15 - December 7.

Do you use an agent to help you and if so, does that agent contact you every year to review things?

Rick
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We use an independent agent. They sell B/C and Humana. Yes, they have meetings, in fact today we got a schedule of upcoming meeting were they will discuss 2020 plans.

Medicare Advantage Plans. We received our books from B/C this week ...looks like the cost for our plan will be $40 a month. It includes gym membership but if like this year not at all gyms in our city.

We have B/C and like it.

My wife just turns 65 in October this year and I'm 70, so we went to a free seminar and got hooked up with in insurance agent. Later, he came to the house to get our personal information and explain options. He wrote down all our prescription meds then showed us the difference in Plan D's offered by several companies. Since we take only tier 1 & 2 meds at this time, we opted for Silver Scripts because of no annual deductible. But we use Good Rx coupons instead of using insurance when we get refills since we can pay less.

Our agent, whom we just met with in August, plans to meet with us again in mid October to review our options during the open enrollment period. We see this as an annual event with him.
I trust he told you that virtually no plans have any deductible for Tier 1 & Tier 2. But Silver Scripts is now adding a deductible in 2020 for brand named drugs and because of their higher premium and higher cost for generics they are of little value to my clients. BTW, most of my clients who only use generics (or get brand named drugs from Canada via mail) are paying under $20 per month with most generics at zero copay.

The good news about Missouri is you are able to change your Medicare supplements on the policy anniversary if the price increases too much.

Rick

I got a mailer the other day from Aetna offering me a $10 dollar Visa rewards card if I would call them for more information about their plans. I actually considered doing it for a minute or two before I trashed it. But 10 bucks is just not enough incentive for me to subject myself to a sales pitch from an insurance agent. I might consider it for $50. $100 for sure. But only if it didn't last more than 5 minutes. Any longer than that and I'd just hang up and let them keep the money.

Holy Tamales!

Today I got 7, count em, 7 mailers in the mail from various insurance companies trying to get me to switch from traditional Medicare into one of their Medicare Advantage Plans! One from Humana, one from United Health Care, one from Viva Medicare!, one from Medicare Compare, and three from Cigna! Cigna is really using the shotgun marketing approach. They sent one for me, one for my wife, and one to the former owner of this house who hasn't lived here for 7 years and is now deceased.

This is in addition to all the other ones I have been getting and will surely be getting more of before this open enrollment period is through. My cup runneth over with junk mail.

Slow day yesterday. Only got one mailer. From Cigna again. They are really pulling out all the stops. This time they offered me a "free" motion sensor light if I would call them for more information. I passed.

Don't call then. :LOL:
They likely require you to answer "just a few questions" before applying that reward!

I wonder what would happen if when they started asking those questions I just said "STFU and send me my free gift like you promised or I'll sue you!"?

i switched from humana to aetna for part d ... i pay less for the stuff i need . so i have a high deductible F plan from humana and part d is aetna .
I didn't know you could do that...have two different plans for medicare coverage. Moot point for me because I'm covered by our state's retirement plan and I have to take their offerings. I have had Aetna HMO...then Aetna Open Access Medicare and I love the plan. Now the state is offering Aetna PPO Medicare which is supposed to be even better. I can switch anytime but once I do, I'd have to keep it for a year, satisfied or not. Seems like a great choice though.

Back