new poster here, just wanted to say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakapple

Hello
I'm new on here, so just wanted to to say, that this forum looks like a friendly place.:)

Hi Oakapple, nice to have you with us! :wave:

welcome_040.jpg

Thank you all for a lovely welcome. I live a few miles from Oxford [England.]I am retired now, and we live in a country village next to an old church.We have 3 grown up children who all live nearby and 3 grandchildren also.I notice that many of you are from the US, I have never been there, but would like to.My problem is flying; it's too many hours to be on a plane. Otherwise we would come and visit.I'm keen on walking, gardening, the theatre and reading [which all sounds rather boring.]

Thank you all for a lovely welcome. I live a few miles from Oxford [England.]I am retired now, and we live in a country village next to an old church.We have 3 grown up children who all live nearby and 3 grandchildren also.I notice that many of you are from the US, I have never been there, but would like to.My problem is flying; it's too many hours to be on a plane. Otherwise we would come and visit.I'm keen on walking, gardening, the theatre and reading [which all sounds rather boring.]

I had a feeling you might be here in the UK Oakapple probably because of your user name. Mostly lovely friendly American posters here with a smattering of equally nice Australians and other nationalities. :D

Welcome Oakapple. Gardening, waking and reading are certainly not boring. I do all of those. I'm in the USofA and have never been to England. I would like to visit there someday, where my ancestors came from.

Hi and welcome to the group. Oxford is such a lovely place and I would imagine the village you live in is beautiful too. We just loved our trip around UK but, like you, hate the long flights (24 hours from Sydney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back