Newly Alone

Welcome to the forum, Cathy. I have been where you are (not the widowed part, but the remarry/divorce part. All I can say, is, give yourself time, and you will come out all the stronger for it - eventually.

Meanwhile, this is a good place to be if you need emotional support.

Welcome Cathy. Don't be apprehensive. I was exactly where you are at about the same age. I was putting to rest a bad 2nd marriage of about 5 years too. My first of 25 yrs. was dead several years before we got around to burying it. I was not going to let that happen again. I've been single and rowing my own boat for 20+ years since and it's been great.

Women are a lot stronger than many - including ourselves - give us credit for being. Spread your wings and fly, cautiously at first, but do it.

Hi Cathy, nice to have you join us! My condolences for your loss. Sorry you're having to go through a divorce now, but I have a feeling it's all for the better and wish you a brighter future. There's lots of caring folks here to keep you company around the clock, please feel free to jump right into any discussion or start a thread of your own. :)

full

Get in the shower. Wash that man outta your hair! "Got along with out ya before I met ya, gonna get along without you now!"
One of my favorite quotes may help you. Meanwhile, Hold your head high. Smile. Be confident. You are FREE!
"The only life worth living is the adventurous life. Of such a life, the dominent characteristic is that it is UNAFRAID. It is UNAFRAID of what other people think. It does not adapt either it's pace or it's objectives to the pace and objectives of it's neighbors. It thinks it's own thoughts, reads it's own books, it develops it's own hopes, and is governed by it's own conscience. The herd may graze where it pleases or stampede where it pleases, but he who lives the adventurous life WILL REMAIN UNAFRAID WHEN HE FINDS HIMSELF ALONE."

HI Cathy...another here whose been married more than once... sorry you're having to face being alone again at 62, but it's still relatively young ( we're around the same age)...so don't worry too much..

In the meantime, where this forum is concerned just chat as you would on any subject you fancy.. we're a friendly bunch world wide.. . Scroll through and read all the other threads and join in any that take your fancy.. here you will not only make new friends but we'll help with any questions you might have about anything in life at all..there's a lot of years of experience between us all..

If you're having trouble working anything out on the forum, just shout we'll talk you through it....

Welcometogroup.gif

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I got divorced after 27 years of marriage. Then I met this wonderful lady & we have been together for 17 years. Now, I feel that the 2nd time around is a lot better than the 1st time around. You should be smarter the 2nd time around but some people have a lot of "baggage" with them that they can't let go. Fortunately, for us we have moved on & have been very happy. No reason to give up on love because of 1 rotten apple. Keep trying. By the way, being single "sucks". That is only my feelings about it. Some people like living alone & watching TV all day. I'm a two some type of guy so being alone wouldn't be my "cup of tea". Sorry about your luck Cathy. Divorce really sucks; be sure to get a good lawyer. I made a bad mistake using her lawyer & it cost me a lot of $ but I got my freedom. Beware!

hi there and a warm welcome to the forum 'and you wont be alone now you found us --anything bugging you get it off your chest
good group to give advise --you will be so surprised with being single ' give yourself time out ..

Hi, CC, welcome to our forum! We're a mostly friendly lot, here, and you'll find that some of us can sometimes come up with pretty good ideas concerning any problems you might be facing.

I divorced my second wife at 51. The morning after my divorce, I woke up feeling better than I had in years. I was excited about the road ahead, and it turned out to be a great one to travel.

Janet and i have been together for almost fifteen years, now. While internet dating has become a lot scarier than it was back when I successfully navigated the scene, and was found by Janet, you might give it a go, should you want to venture back into meeting guys to date. We're always here for advice.

Again, WELCOME!

Last edited:
Hi CC ... I've been divorced (young) and widowed (not so young), but everyone is different. Honestly, it does take a while to shake off the dust and all that implies. My way through it was (and is) to take a long and sometimes difficult look at myself to figure out what I really want (what I don't want is sooo much easier) and what I want to do differently going forward - I'm still doing that and maybe I always will- but it's worth the effort.

My company just announced last week that they are closing and I feel sad for those who aren't prepared, but also like I just got out of jail (hmm, I think I felt that one before ;-)), but at the same time I know it's going to be an adjusment as I create new patterns of living and try to break the long time habits. Breaking familiar patterns takes a bit of practice and even some creativity - constant pep talks and a few notes to remind myself of my stronger and clearer moments while contemplating and planning. Finding a non-dating forum of people my own age is one of the steps I've just taken today ... seems like a lot of nice people here. I'm also trying to not let past disappointments frame my future life and relationships.

It appears your already have a lot of support here from people with life experience ... you'll be great!

Last edited:
Hi CC, don't let the past define your future. Your awesome - embrace your uniqueness, even alone your better than mismatched mates.
Believe in yourself and enjoy the crazy cool life that is before you.

Back