Non-stick pan........STUCK

AZ Jim

R.I.P. With Us In Spirit Only
I cooked a beef patty in it and I tried to clean pan after. I cannot get it completely clean, any fixes?

The You Tube review I've seen on non-stick pans say they're not non-stick for very long. But you can keep some of them non stick longer if you really baby them. But the commercials for them are B.S.

Once you get food sticking to a non stick pan the teflon or other coating is done for.

Even when you get a lot of scratches on it you should dump it. The younger generation is horrified at what we seniors use for cooking. The only stir sticks you use should be made of wood so they don't scratch.

I'm thinking of just going to an all aluminum pan just like the beat up ones the chefs on T.V. use.

If you use enough oil nothing will stick.

I cooked a beef patty in it and I tried to clean pan after. I cannot get it completely clean, any fixes?

We made the mistake of wasting a few dollars on one of these "non-stick" pans....As Seen on TV....a year ago. I think it was Gotham Steel. It worked good for about 20 or 30 uses, then food began to stick. I looked up the instructions on the Net, and found a statement that recommended that these pans be "seasoned" just like Cast Iron pans before using. I tried to season it, but the damage was done....I wound up taking it, and some other scrap metal to our local recycle center.

I use stainless steel pans. Chefs say to heat up the pan before putting in oil or butter. That opens the pores in the metal so the fat can coat everything. I clean them with "Bar Keeper's Friend." After letting it sit in the pan for 5 minutes, it scrubs clean. It must have some type of chemical in it because it smells terrible, so I'll clean it again with regular dish soap.

Soak and then scrub with the little plastic mesh scrubbie thing. 10 for $`1 at the dollar store. I use a shot Pam or a drop or two of oil before use and then wipe out with a paper towel. Putting food into a pan that is not well heated will also cause it to stick.

Soak and then scrub with the little plastic mesh scrubbie thing. 10 for $`1 at the dollar store. I use a shot Pam or a drop or two of oil before use and then wipe out with a paper towel. Putting food into a pan that is not well heated will also cause it to stick.
Good idea but once that non stick coating is gone, nothing will replace it except a new pan.

I don't think old scratched teflon is healthy.

The young generation doesn't think anything about throwing out the old pans and getting a new one.

Back