"Not always going at things like a bull at a gate", (learning to be more patient/considerate of others!)

grahamg

Old codger
I'd got a really provocative thread idea last night, but this morning its skipped out of my head altogether so you'll just have to put up with this one, and I've been prompted to think of it by a positive experience yesterday involving a legal matter (one I've mentioned on the forum previously).

The good news is I've found someone working for a firm or lawyers who may be able to assist me a little, (after having had quite a few resist the suggestion they do the same).

It occurs to me one reason I maybe got the better response was because when I rang this company I was feeling pretty relaxed, (I've been enjoying a wonderful holiday in the Yorkshire Dales as you may know, so this obviously helps), and I didn't really expect too much to come of my call, as it was the last of three on my list to call, (one yielding no response at all, the second firm didn't do the kind of work required, so third time lucky hey!).

Hence the thread title of "Not always going at things like a bull at a gate", (bulls heading towards gates when chasing you known to go pretty hard with little intention of stopping 🦬🐄🐂 !)

Last edited:
When you feel better, you do better, you sleep better, enjoy the simple things better. I am glad your vacation renewed your hope and strength for better things!

When you feel better, you do better, you sleep better, enjoy the simple things better. I am glad your vacation renewed your hope and strength for better things!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, (but can you please STOP being so perfect!!!!!!!). :giggle:

That is not you, look at your avatar and that bright smile, you want to be happy, it makes you shine!
"You dont know how I struggled to find a photo where I was smiling though", (in actuality I found I had very few up to date-ish photos).

No, I am a really miserable old devil really, I must be, I once went to a local agricultural show and this stall holder remarked upon just how miserable I looked, (and felt!!).

"Now a bit of love and understanding could make all the difference you know", (not more from your good self as you're so nearly perfect I'd been bound to try to upset your applecart just for devilments sake! :devilish::eek::oops::(;) ).

Sorry, you have already upset my apple cart. I see a man that has gone thru a terrible situation that has crushed him. It breaks my heart that after all this time you have not recovered to see that you have a lot to offer, that you deserve to have a happy life. You need to let that past life go and find the things that make you happy. Once you do that the chances are that you will find the woman of your dreams. If you don't love and accept yourself you can't accept that from others.

It is time to stand up and say I am a good person, I deserve a happy life and will no longer let others make me feel less than. You are worthy of love and happiness but you won't find it until you can really feel that you are a special person. Don't let past heart breaks keep you back from being the person you are. You need to step up and realize how much you have to offer, not let old hurts destroy you.

Sorry, you have already upset my apple cart. I see a man that has gone thru a terrible situation that has crushed him. It breaks my heart that after all this time you have not recovered to see that you have a lot to offer, that you deserve to have a happy life. You need to let that past life go and find the things that make you happy. Once you do that the chances are that you will find the woman of your dreams. If you don't love and accept yourself you can't accept that from others.
It is time to stand up and say I am a good person, I deserve a happy life and will no longer let others make me feel less than. You are worthy of love and happiness but you won't find it until you can really feel that you are a special person. Don't let past heart breaks keep you back from being the person you are. You need to step up and realize how much you have to offer, not let old hurts destroy you.
I'm sorry to tell you this but I'm afraid I dont accept the narrative you above, and so many others adhere to, and once I'm adamant about something like this I'll go to the grave saying it I'm afraid, so its no use arguing with me or your feeling you have any answers to "what might make me tick better".
(But perfect as you are, I'd suggest you are unable to think any differently than you do either!)

BTW I've had another wonderful day in the Yorkshire Dales, this time watching my local side from south of Manchester playing against a team from a higher league in a pre-season friendly, (may have mentioned this before/elsewhere?).
The gulf in class between the two sides was very stark, but both showed the due respect for each other, and the crowd watching by playing hard rugby, (watched by some notable former players of the host club including John Spencer, former England and British Lion centre three quarter,....,, I'm sure that will make loads of sense to US forum members my giving you those details! ;):rolleyes:).

Is that what you think? I can be a real bitch, trust me. It makes me sad and angry that you would think that I don't really care about you or your feelings. I have been open and honest to you in my comments. To think you don't have any positive thoughts about yourself is not my problem. It is yours. I just tried to point out that you indeed have something to offer others. I guess not, you would rather bitch about horrible you have been treated, you just go ahead and live in your self imposed hell. Don't let anyone close, don't take any chances that some people might like you. I will leave you to it. I don't have time to waste on a friendship that has no value.

Are you happy now? You have attacked a person that could care for you. You have driven away a person that sees what is going on. Yes you are happy to be left alone to wallow in your own self imposed reality. Okay, in your opinion you have no value and never will, does that make you happy? I guess so. God forbid that anyone try to get to know or support you, that would give you reason to try and have a happy life. You don't want to be happy, you would rather spend your time telling your sad story!

Is that what you think? I can be a real bitch, trust me. It makes me sad and angry that you would think that I don't really care about you or your feelings. I have been open and honest to you in my comments. To think you don't have any positive thoughts about yourself is not my problem. It is yours. I just tried to point out that you indeed have something to offer others. I guess not, you would rather bitch about horrible you have been treated, you just go ahead and live in your self imposed hell. Don't let anyone close, don't take any chances that some people might like you. I will leave you to it. I don't have time to waste on a friendship that has no value.

Are you happy now? You have attacked a person that could care for you. You have driven away a person that sees what is going on. Yes you are happy to be left alone to wallow in your own self imposed reality. Okay, in your opinion you have no value and never will, does that make you happy? I guess so. God forbid that anyone try to get to know or support you, that would give you reason to try and have a happy life. You don't want to be happy, you would rather spend your time telling your sad story!
Mmmm, well let's agree on something shall we, if my intention was to get under your skin (although it wasn't in this instance!), I've certainly succeeded.

Now as to what you've said above, please accept this as being the case, "You're not the first to say what you're saying here is the route to a happy life, many many other forum members have said similar things, and ditto many people I know in real life", (take it on my word, or if you can't do that, then there's an easy way to check).

No use boring you with an explanation as to why I won't listen, but I hope you'll be a little amused by this obtuse comment, "If the mountain won't come to M*******, M******* will have to go to the mountain"! :)

In other words I'm not about to change, "Move on" etc., certainly not so far as some topics I post about regularly here, (though acute observers may notice subtle changes over time!), and I have that right don't I, to decide upon my own life at my age(?).

Back