Not since gym class....

The rope climb
All the way to the gym ceiling...then touch the ceiling
My buddy could with just hands and arms
I was happy to just do it

Last edited:
Something called "squat thrusts." You would have to squat then thrust out your legs fully behind you while supporting your upper body with your arms. You'd then retract your legs, stand up, and repeat as many times as the instructor deemed fit. Unpleasant then and likely damaging now... :(

Something called "squat thrusts." You would have to squat then thrust out your legs fully behind you while supporting your upper body with your arms. You'd then retract your legs, stand up, and repeat as many times as the instructor deemed fit. Unpleasant then and likely damaging now... :(
They're called "burpees" now. They seem to be all the rage with some of the fitness groups. Didn't like them then, don't like them now.

Toe touches. I never could do them because of my musculature. Years later, I read that some people simply can't do them, and it has nothing to do with how fit you are.

There were a lot of exercises which have been found to be damaging.

Toe touches are one of them. You can damage your back. Humans should never bend over to do anything.

The other one is knee bends. Football teams have found that it damages the knees.

One football team used to run up sand dunes for strengthening the leg muscles.

The incidents of torn Achilles tendons sure put that one to rest.

I always use the example of the king of beasts, the Lion.

He never runs unless he is trying to catch something and most of the time he sends his wife to do it while he lounges under a shady tree.

So in your opinion which athletes are the fittest?

Back