Now much of a house cleanliness nut are you?

I'm probably an eight. My friends come over and complain that everything's so sterile it makes them feel uncomfortable, at which point I toss a throw pillow on the floor for them.

For example, I have certain days I do certain chores, but I can't always wait. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off but the dog had an accident that required a little carpet cleaning. Well I don't get out the vacuum without doing the whole house and I don't vacuum without dusting and brushing the upholstery first, so there went my Monday chores, already done.

So this morning I got up and had nothing to do. I felt restless. So far today, I've cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms and mopped their floors and done two loads of laundry. Maybe the dog will make another fine mess for me.

Do you still have that dust problem Deb? That picture kept me awake one night. Boy would I enjoy getting my Oreck after that.!

Do you still have that dust problem Deb? That picture kept me awake one night. Boy would I enjoy getting my Oreck after that.!
You'd better believe it! I have to clean the TV screen every other day because the static charge in it attracts so much dust. No amount of vacuuming seems to help. I dusted some knickknack shelves yesterday and when I shook the dust rag out the door, it was like a haboob. I've vacuumed the carpeting, dusted and even cleaned the baseboards. Nothing seems to help.

BTW - if you ever want to visit me, brink your Oreck. ;)

I used to be a 10. I like my house very tidy and clean. As I age that is being reduced to maybe 7-8. My plan when I semi retired in Jan was to start cleaning the house for my wife. The first day I started with the master bath and soon realized I cannot do this like I used to. All the bending got to me. So at that point I decided I will just touch up what my wife misses when she "cleans"

I'm a minus 1. I find everything that needs doing inside a house degrading; degrading because it's disgusting and disgusting because it's boring. I am so sick and tired of it all, especially laundry and taking care of the finances.
it's only disgusting if you leave it to build up....

However I know what you mean about it being boring...it's really mind numbing.. which is why i do mine really fast, keep it clean and it doesn't build up...

I'm probably a 4. If I notice an area that needs cleaning, I will do it. Seems pointless, though. The dust settles right back down if I dry dust. If I use polish, it makes a paste that's difficult to wipe up. Last March I did spring cleaning and within 4 days, it looked like I didn't do anything. After a while, you give up.
if you dust every day or every other day.. there's never enough dust to make into a 'paste' when you use polish..

I lived next to the ocean at one time and the sand is an absolute nightmare it gets everywhere, but if I dusted every day ..boring.. it never built up.

After a lengthy and grueling medical treatment in 2012, I became somewhat OCD for a while. Was absolutely driven to remove every speck of dust, every microbe(real or imagined) from every square inch of the house. So on a scale from 1 to 10 I was a least a 15. But I got over that, nowadays I'm very tolerant, I let the dust bunnies grow into dust bears before taking any action. Put me down for being a -1 or -2. ;)

My house cleaning is sporadic, mostly on days I feel good, I get really down with a dirty cluttered house so I keep at it or hire some help......an 8.
I’m sporadic also. Since Christmas I’ve been in a rut but yesterday I looked at my kitchen floor and was discussed . I spent a good many hours with a cream bleachy cleaner and a brush and hand washed the entire thing on my hands and needs. We have no electric floor cleaner any more. Those things work great. I miss it.

I'm probably an eight. My friends come over and complain that everything's so sterile it makes them feel uncomfortable, at which point I toss a throw pillow on the floor for them.

For example, I have certain days I do certain chores, but I can't always wait. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off but the dog had an accident that required a little carpet cleaning. Well I don't get out the vacuum without doing the whole house and I don't vacuum without dusting and brushing the upholstery first, so there went my Monday chores, already done.

So this morning I got up and had nothing to do. I felt restless. So far today, I've cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms and mopped their floors and done two loads of laundry. Maybe the dog will make another fine mess for me.

I too would like to apply to be your buddy. When can you start? 😉

Back