Now That You Happily Retired Do You Have Any Regrets Looking Back?

I always thought that was what retirement meant.
To plan actively for traveling. Fun in seeing the world when you had no time before saving up for a goal is heavenly better than sitting behind a computer alone all day after day. That is not healthy at all.
Retirement keeps swollen legs and ankles
full of fluid from not moving around. Weigh makes knees broken down from lack of dancing in the rain.

I always thought that was what retirement meant.
To plan actively for traveling. Fun in seeing the world when you had no time before saving up for a goal is heavenly better than sitting behind a computer alone all day after day. That is not healthy at all.
Retirement keeps swollen legs and ankles
full of fluid from not moving around. Weigh makes knees broken down from lack of dancing in the rain.
I have some of those same issues but have been working on improving them. I am basically an introvert so being alone behind a computer is not something negative to me.

I didn't actually have a career type of employment in my life. Jobs. Some I liked some I didn't. I was a stay at home mom for the whole time my son was growing up. The years just before I started getting my SS was spent at home working and living on my homestead. I was an online seller and writer and didn't actually retire from it. Just stopped it little by little till I moved here.

One thing that is priority for me is health and mobility. I eat a mostly vegan Mediterranean diet, get my sleep and rest, and jog my 2 1/4 miles every other day. When I can no longer jog, I will walk. If my health is bad and/or I can not get around, then everything else goes down the tube.

Personally, I am more a homebody, happy puttzing around the house fixing things or gardening. Or doing a little fishing. But those low impact activities keep me active. I get in some trouble when I take on too big of projects, like reroofing my garage - these can leave me in some pain! My wife and I do a little traveling, but I am glad that I find my joy in simpler ways as opposed to exotic trips. Love being with my family and grandkids and fellow churchgoers. And I help with Christian ministries at least once a week, even handing out gospel tracts once the weather gets warm again. Am helping my daughter and son in law with their house once a week - payment for me and my wife is a nice home cooked meal and time with them and their kids once a week!

Yes , although i was paying into a company pension if i could go back some years then i wished i had also put money aside ,saving towards my pension ...as i am right now i just keep my head above water , pay the bills , food etc etc ,im tempted to get rid of my car ..BUT i am far happier now than when i was working , less stressed and people have complemented on how much healthier i look now .

Back