NYC Is Going to Fine People Not Wearing Masks

Test positivity rate is highest since June

New York City is tightening some restrictions amid a rise in coronavirus cases—but it is also proceeding with reopening plans. Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday that the city's coronavirus test positivity rate had risen to 3.25%, lower than in many parts of the US but the highest rate in the city since June, Axios reports. The rate Monday was 1.93%. "That is cause for real concern," the mayor said. Health officials say the rise in cases has mainly occurred in nine zip codes in Brooklyn and Queens,
some of which include large Orthodox Jewish communities, reports the New York Times.

https://www.newser.com/story/296818/nyc-covid-positivity-rate-now-highest-since-june.html

If you ever want to get the public’s attention, issuing fines seems to work. Many people have told me that traffic fines only work for a few weeks and then it’s back to normal for a driver who was issued a citation. I find this to be true for the most part.

I have proof of this. I cited a driver headed eastbound for driving 88 in a 65 mph zone. Two hours later, I began checking speeds on the west bound side. Guess who I stopped doing 86 in the 65 mph zone? Right, the same driver. He was really good about it. He kind of chuckled.

If you ever want to get the public’s attention, issuing fines seems to work. Many people have told me that traffic fines only work for a few weeks and then it’s back to normal for a driver who was issued a citation. I find this to be true for the most part.

I have proof of this. I cited a driver headed eastbound for driving 88 in a 65 mph zone. Two hours later, I began checking speeds on the west bound side. Guess who I stopped doing 86 in the 65 mph zone? Right, the same driver. He was really good about it. He kind of chuckled.
Some people are just stupid and unteachable. He must not work as hard for his money as I have in my life time. A speeding ticket to me is the biggest waste of money that I can imagine. I have always driven the speed limit because of the waste of money on tickets.

The penalties simply are not steep enough.

Take for instance cell phone use while driving in our country, people are getting fined daily for the infraction, but the problem still exists.

I say pull the driver's license AND slap them with a hefty fine on top of it. But first and foremost get them off the road.

The penalties simply are not steep enough.

Take for instance cell phone use while driving in our country, people are getting fined daily for the infraction, but the problem still exists.

I say pull the driver's license AND slap them with a hefty fine on top of it. But first and foremost get them off the road.
Our fines go up with the speed infraction. The higher the speed, the higher the fine. When a driver gets a citation, it also usually effects their insurance.

Our fines go up with the speed infraction. The higher the speed, the higher the fine. When a driver gets a citation, it also usually effects their insurance.
Here, too, and anything over 40 km/h results in the automatic impoundment of the vehicle.

As far as I'm concerned, society has gotten way too soft on penalties.

Our state Supreme Court is also allowing our Gov to heavily fine some restaurants who openly and flagrantly defied the closure orders. They are whining so loud you can probably hear them in the UK.

Back