Ode to feywon...

Stolen (without permission) from feywon's profile wall...
The Paradoxical Commandments.jpg

I know that this may seem crazy
and I know that it, probably, never happened before (there's always the first time)
and I know that it may make feywon feel awkward (but thinking big is one of the Paradoxical Commandments)
and I know that, though an "ode", it's not a lyrical stanza (I've never claimed to be a poet)
and I know that I, probably, shouldn't be doing this (but when I feel overwhelmed, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut)

...after reading the third or fourth post in a row by feywon, I realized that I kept :love: liking them.
It's so hard (for me at least) to find a post of hers that is not "complete", from almost every angle possible
or to find something to disagree with (killing all the fun of debating).
Without wanting to show disrespect to anybody, when I go through a thread, reading various good and not so good posts, I'm positive that if a post of feywon is present, it's the epitome of all posts. It's the answer. The solution. The summation of knowledge, wisdom, kindness and respect of the thread.
The truth is that every time I read a post by her I realize how small, how inadequate, how unimportant I am.
I have no clue how a person can gather so much knowledge and wisdom in one lifetime.
But feywon has done it...

feywon I want to thank you for being a part of this community and helping make me (at least) a better person!

(To the moderator: I'm not sure if I violate any rules of the forum with this post. If I don't please don't take it down)

View attachment 182852

and I know that it, probably, never happened before (there's always the first time)
and I know that it may make feywon feel awkward (but thinking big is one of the Paradoxical Commandments)
and I know that, though an "ode", it's not a lyrical stanza (I've never claimed to be a poet)
and I know that I, probably, shouldn't be doing this (but when I feel overwhelmed, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut)

...after reading the third or fourth post in a row by feywon, I realized that I kept :love: liking them.
It's so hard (for me at least) to find a post of hers that is not "complete", from almost every angle possible
Without wanting to show disrespect to anybody, when I go through a thread, reading various good and not so good posts, I'm positive that if a post of feywon is present, it's the epitome of all posts. It's the answer. The solution. The summation of knowledge, wisdom, kindness and respect of the thread.
The truth is that every time I read a post by her I realize how small, how inadequate, how unimportant I am.
I have no clue how a person can gather so much knowledge and wisdom in one lifetime.

feywon I want to thank you for being a part of this community and helping make me (at least) a better person!

(To the moderator: I'm not sure if I violate any rules of the forum with this post. If I don't please don't take it down)
☺️Flattering and embarrassing.
But what makes you think i've only had one lifetime?😉

View attachment 182852

View attachment 182852

View attachment 182852

View attachment 182852

I apologize for the "embarrassing" part... I thought big! (HUGE actually!) :p

I did consider the possibility for more lifetimes but ... who can tell?

Is someone being put forward for sainthood here, (I've a suggestion as to another possible candidate, "he knows who he is"!). :)

There are many very wonderful people on this forum. But I am really impressed by the posts of feywon. I can't put forward for sainthood anyone (being an agnostic and all) but I challenge (in a good sense) you or anyone else to find one post of hers that is debatable! :)

@grahamg 'quoted' 2 posts of CACKy's 3 times each, one of which made it clear that while i thought CACKy was being kind, it was embarrassing. Had been hoping that overnight grahamg would at least remove the unnecessary redundancies. Maybe he doesn't know how to do that? Maybe doesn't realize they somewhat have the effect of a schoolyard taunting attempt? And making the leap from the compliments made to 'sainthood' is a pretty big one, as well as far off base: Sainthood is usually considered for the performing of miracles, unexplainable, irrational events not for the rational, organized thinking with which CACKy credits me.

Last edited:
For the record while CACKy's praise was kind, i agree with @SmoothSeas that we have many 'old souls' among us.

As long as we follow community standards any of us is free to say most anything, and often people do. But we don't have attend every debate to which we're invited, or take either compliments or put downs personally.

@grahamg 'quoted' 2 posts of CACKy's 3 times each, one of which made it clear that while i thought CACKy was being kind, it was embarrassing. Had been hoping that overnight grahamg would at least remove the unnecessary redundancies. Maybe he doesn't know how to do that? Maybe doesn't realize they somewhat have the effect of a schoolyard taunting attempt? And making the leap from the compliments made to 'sainthood' is a pretty big one, as well as far off base: Sainthood is usually considered for the performing of miracles, unexplainable, irrational events not for the rational, organized thinking with which CACKy credits me.
Just had an unexplained problem with this tablet computer, as it seemed to freeze, and once it had repeated all those posts, I could seem to delete them, try as I might! :)

Just had an unexplained problem with this tablet computer, as it seemed to freeze, and once it had repeated all those posts, I could seem to delete them, try as I might! :)
i could understand that if you only repeated 1 of them 3X but 2? Especially since the format here allows a couple of different ways to delete such things and you would have seen the repeats before you hit 'post reply' so simply abandoning it till you you rebooted probably would have worked. Many a tech hardware problem can be 'fixed' with rebooting and a little patience.

i could understand that if you only repeated 1 of them 3X but 2? Especially since the format here allows a couple of different ways to delete such things and you would have seen the repeats before you hit 'post reply' so simply abandoning it till you you rebooted probably would have worked. Many a tech hardware problem can be 'fixed' with rebooting and a little patience.
Hey look, you're absolutely correct, but when I get in a tangle with this tablet computer, and just keep pressing buttons hoping it will unfreeze itself, suddenly mayhem! They tell you these things are simple, but as a friend once said "Why are there so many stupid people, because stupid people are so clever"!

Idiots.4.jpg

For the record while CACKy's praise was kind, i agree with @SmoothSeas that we have many 'old souls' among us.

As long as we follow community standards any of us is free to say most anything, and often people do. But we don't have attend every debate to which we're invited, or take either compliments or put downs personally.

Agreed. I think you shouldn't take my compliments personally! :p

Hey look, you're absolutely correct, but when I get in a tangle with this tablet computer, and just keep pressing buttons hoping it will unfreeze itself, suddenly mayhem! They tell you these things are simple, but as a friend once said "Why are there so many stupid people, because stupid people are so clever"!

View attachment 183028
That's why i mentioned patience. i'm still not where i'd like to be in regard to patience--for either devices or people. But getting there slowly.

That's why i mentioned patience. i'm still not where i'd like to be in regard to patience--for either devices or people. But getting there slowly.

Maybe the whole idea was not a good one.
I'm impressed with your posts, your knowledge and your wisdom.
The intentions were to express my impression.
If it has caused more harm than good I apologize and I'll try to have the thread deleted.

Maybe the whole idea was not a good one.
I'm impressed with your posts, your knowledge and your wisdom.
The intentions were to express my impression.
If it has caused more harm than good I apologize and I'll try to have the thread deleted.
You don't owe anyone an apology, IMO.
I thank you again for your kind words.
Anyone who pays attention should have been able to figure out you tend towards enthusiasm whatever the subject.

Back