Old Lady Buys Kick-Ass Muscle Car

JonDouglas

Since my younger sister was 13 years old, she's wanted a Mustang. Now, almost 60 years later, she's finally got one and it's a bit on the rare and wild side. That would be the limited-edition, 760 HP, 2020 Shelby GT500 Cobra, shown below. That thing will make you nose bleed and eyeballs flatten.

[IMG]

I said to her, "Good for you, sis! That kick-ass set of wheels is perfectly reasonable for a youngster like you." Getting old in body doesn't mean getting old in mind and spirit as long as your body parts can have some reasonable relationship to what you mind and spirit want to do. I think I told her not to go drag racing with it.

Edit note: She takes after our mother, who was full of "piss and vinegar." The last words my mother ever spoke were when she came out of her Alzheimers coma at my dad's funeral and loudly proclaimed that the long-winded minister could kiss her ass.

Last edited:
Oh, Your sister is AWESOME!!!! a MUSTANG!!!!
I'm old too and I want an old Chevy pick-up truck! Gonna get one too!

Your Mother sounds amazing too! On the day my Grandma died, she threw her bedpan at her nurse!
Nothing wrong with a little piss and vinegar! hahaha!

Oh, Your sister is AWESOME!!!! a MUSTANG!!!!
I'm old too and I want an old Chevy pick-up truck! Gonna get one too!

Your Mother sounds amazing too! On the day my Grandma died, she threw her bedpan at her nurse!
Nothing wrong with a little piss and vinegar! hahaha!
Now we know at least two women who didn't "go gentle into that good night." On the subject of old Chevy trucks, I happened across a Chevy by the levy (on the CT River) while out riding one day. I thought it made for an interesting picture with a little Photoshop intervention. Getting it running would take some intervention. It was a little worse for the wear, as were the pants hanging from it.

oct23_2019_truckinwoods.jpg

When I was young, I really wanted a Mercury Cougar (67, 68 or 69). Only car I wanted. When my parents decided to buy me a car in the early 70's, there was one for sale in the paper and it was within the budget they had set. I begged and begged and my dad did go look at it but somehow I ended up with a Toyota...

Last edited:
I shouldn't have read this post. I'm getting ideas.

What is she paying to insure that beast I'm wondering? (There I go wondering about $$. No wonder I'm driving a base Subaru Impreza.)

Since my younger sister was 13 years old, she's wanted a Mustang. Now, almost 60 years later, she's finally got one and it's a bit on the rare and wild side. That would be the limited-edition, 760 HP, 2020 Shelby GT500 Cobra, shown below. That thing will make you nose bleed and eyeballs flatten.

[IMG]

I said to her, "Good for you, sis! That kick-ass set of wheels is perfectly reasonable for a youngster like you." Getting old in body doesn't mean getting old in mind and spirit as long as your body parts can have some reasonable relationship to what you mind and spirit want to do. I think I told her not to go drag racing with it.

Edit note: She takes after our mother, who was full of "piss and vinegar." The last words my mother ever spoke were when she came out of her Alzheimers coma at my dad's funeral and loudly proclaimed that the long-winded minister could kiss her ass.
Have you gotten a chance to drive it?

Oh, I love this! Great car, great story!

Since getting my Class B Travato in December, I've run across so many people who are living the dream through their 90s. One 82 year old lady in one of the groups I follow is trading in her current van for an all lithium powered model so she can boondock longer.

I shouldn't have read this post. I'm getting ideas.

What is she paying to insure that beast I'm wondering? (There I go wondering about $$. No wonder I'm driving a base Subaru Impreza.)
I have no idea of her insurance costs and haven't asked. We can both probably assume it's a lot. They actually suggested she attend a track day down south to learn how to properly drive it.
Have you gotten a chance to drive it?
No and I've really no interest. As much of a beast as that car is, it isn't any faster than my motorcycle and certainly not as much fun.

Back