Old time Country Music for Seniors Thread

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
This thread is for some of the wonderful older country and western music from the good old days. Please add any of your favories here for all of us to enjoy.

Patsy Cline singing Crazy...

Ah, a subject I love. Have over 150 tunes on my iPod, most of them real old country. I can remember trying to get the Opray on the old car radio. WWVA, Wheeling West Virginia. Some nights it came in, some nights not.

a few favorites: Dear John, Honky Tonk Angels, Frauline, any Hank Williams and Webb Pierce.

Just watched Brother Where Art Thou for the third time. Great flick, good music.

Ah, a subject I love. Have over 150 tunes on my iPod, most of them real old country. I can remember trying to get the Opray on the old car radio. WWVA, Wheeling West Virginia. Some nights it came in, some nights not.

a few favorites: Dear John, Honky Tonk Angels, Frauline, any Hank Williams and Webb Pierce.

Just watched Brother Where Art Thou for the third time. Great flick, good music.

Used to listen to WSM in Nashville years ago, when the Opry was on, too.... Hubby was watching Brother Where Art Thou a week or so ago, and I was commenting on how I still love that music. Our 10 yr old granddaughter just stood there looking perplexed....her idea of music is Justin Bieber. :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

And another along the same line .... Merle Haggard

I never liked country music until I moved to Texas 35+ years ago. .. And then it became a staple of life ...
especially on hot afternoons, sitting in freeway traffic on my way home from work. ~~ relaxing ~~
Rock n Roll didn't work in a situation like that << that would only make me want to come home and beat someone up ... lol.

If you are ever looking for the lyrics of a song, go to musiXmatch. You type in label of song and usually they will have the words.
i was looking for the lyrics to Rub-aDub-Dub, by Hank Thompson and there they were. And, if the song is in your iTunes, it plays the song along with the lyrics.

I'm not really into country music much but i must say I do like Patsy Cline she has such a lovely clear voice and you can understand every word she sings,I also like Willie Nelson, and Paul Kelly's songs.

Back