OMG...almost neglected to renew my car registration

My driver's license expired back in the middle of January. It just sits in the glove box these days and I never need it. Yesterday I got a letter from the DMV telling me it was expired with instructions to renew it online, so I did. When it arrives, it will sit in the glovebox for another four years. LOL

I just got a notification yesterday for my driver's license renewal. I have to appear in person at the DMV, take a written test and get a vision exam. :rolleyes:

We went to the DMV today to renew my wife's license. The weather was lousy, so there was only one person ahead of us....in and out in about 20 minutes. Mine will need to be renewed in July.

I just got a notification yesterday for my driver's license renewal. I have to appear in person at the DMV, take a written test and get a vision exam. :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing because according to the website, after 68 you need the eye exam, but they allowed me to renew online. I printed the 4-year extension but of course, until the actual license actually arrives, nothing is certain.

I'm in Pennsylvania. And when I was in the hospital both the registration and insurance ran out. You think it would be easy- fill out a from and send a check
NOOoooo!!!! I couldn't register the car because it wasn't insured, and I couldn't insure the car because it wasn't registered. The paper work was unreal.
Why does this sound so normal to me? This makes perfect government sense.

I'm always concerned about receiving DMV renewal notifications. They are always like a smallish postcard easily lost in other mail, especially among those junk fliers that come in the mailbox once a week.

I have no interest in those multi-pages of various sized advertising flier bundles but will carefully go through them to ensure no real mail gets tossed out.

That said, my vehicle registration is ALWAYS due in May each year. It goes by the first letter of the last name on the registration. So that's pretty easy to keep track of.

Last time my driver's license was due for 4yr renewal, I somehow missed the notification. Thank goodness I did receive the DMV notification advising that it had in fact expired. Here in Alabama there is a 60day grace period after a driver's license expires and I was able to catch it in time. No way do I want to take another drivers test if I can help it.

Ours are easy, mid-summer and mid fall, then wait for months for the actual new plates.
The temp yellow stickers are fun.

Back