On the wall....

In my living room I have a large throw with a beautiful horse on it hanging up. On another wall in the LR I have 2 small pictures of Christ, one of them knocking on a door; a picture of a cute litter of doggies; on another wall a picture of two children that has the saying "the wind across this great land is whispering....Peace.

On my dining room walls, a large abstract I drew; a 3 tiered bill and papers holder, 2 Gauguin reproductions and a larger picture with 2 kids on it that says "Happiness is found in the little things."

Three paintings.... a matted picture of the home of Ernest Hemingway, small scenic pictures.... mostly my walls are bare.... I've only lived here 20 years... In essence, I don't really have a lot of free wall space. No wall space in the kitchen, very little in the dining room because of a large archway into the living room and sliding glass doors to the back.... and windows across the front of the house..... Oh yeah, I have a picture of the old "outhouse" we used when I was growing up, that's in my master bath.... does that count?

I have 4 things on the wall. One is a crucifix left to me by my grandma. A poster that says "be your own kind of beautiful." An antique picture of my grandpa's mom and dad. I look a lot like his mother. And a plaque my parents got me because I snort when I laugh..."if you're not going to snort, why even laugh?" LOL!

Well I guess the music room is where I spend most of my time. So there we have many pictures of friends, family, and some pictures from work. Plus there's other do-dads n' knick-knacks, and many posters of musicians that I admire.

I have a couple of large birdseye views of my city from the mid-1800s.

This topic has been on my mind lately as I pare down my belongings in preparation for a move to smaller quarters.

If I'm not careful the new digs could end up looking like Fibber McGee's closet.

I have a couple of photos of my Children and Grandchildren, also large Canvas of a couple kissing under a red umbrella with pink blossom trees in the foreground and a Tower in the background .

I have a couple of large birdseye views of my city from the mid-1800s.

This topic has been on my mind lately as I pare down my belongings in preparation for a move to smaller quarters.

If I'm not careful the new digs could end up looking like Fibber McGee's closet.
Love the sounds of the mid 1800's, birds-eye views of your city, Aunt Bea.

I love old stuff like that.

I have framed pictures in every room. Some of family, some are of art reproductions...some of the family dogs.. and some are framed photos I've taken myself..

In this little computer room.. as I'm sat here I took photos a few mins ago of what's on the walls .. one of my daughter, one of my favourite grandfurkid, on the one coloured wall , and a large favourite photo of beach huts on the white wall.. Excuse the reflections of me and my phone in the glass..

IMG-8381.jpg

IMG-8382-1.jpg

IMG-8384.jpg

My cousin painted this mural in my dining area. He figured out the pattern I wanted to use which was featured in a decorating magazine even though it was shown from the side. He used a special compass he made for the rounded parts Over the decades I've painted it with three different color schemes, this being permanent. I bought matted frames from Ikea to frame these floral pictures from a calendar after having a bare wall over my sofa for too many years.
Mural Close up.jpg20190708_102142.jpg

Back