One That Didn't Turn Out

90DC7275-C2A6-4FF6-BB9D-0170BE8B75ED.jpeg
This wouldn't be too bad if I could have framed it or had other features in the photo. As it is, it's another delete.
There were three or four more but that were deleted. One out of ten is not a passing grade. I'll keep trying.

Isn't that because the subject is too far away? :LOL:
I don't think so, but I don't know. I got one good shot with a tripod. Maybe I lucked out. I blame it on not being familiar enough with the equipment, not being able to see well at night and carelessness . in short, I think user error. But maybe you are right. I may be all wet. I'm going to try again some night when more physically more capable.

Last edited:
I blame it on not being familiar enough with the equipment, not being able to see well at night and carelessness due my inability to breathe well or not waiting until I was breathing well before trying.
Use a tripod, but even if you don't, with a typical DSLR it's not that easy, but not that hard, either.
I have an old Nikon D50.... and a Canon T6 I bought from a friend in need of cash

I love my Nikon, but I've learned a couple things about my Canon
I can take a decent moon pic (no easy task BTW) with my Canon
Mainly because I got a very good amature photog to come over during a full moon rise, and tied him to a tree until I got a decent pic

Important; Camera settings/lenses

Anyway, this pic was taken years ago, and I've since forgotten everything he told me in regard to aperture settings....

...except one thing......take the pic early in the rise, like on the horizon
That moon, or this earth....or the combination just moves too fast once it's much higher in the sky
Unless you care to invest heavily into a great camera...'large format'....I think I remember him say

Anyway, try one on or near the horizon

This was taken in our meadow about 100 ft from our cabin...…after several dozen failed attempts...yeah, that's three years or more of trying

eyoDWna.jpg

Last edited:
Use a tripod, but even if you don't, with a typical DSLR it's not that easy, but not that hard, either.
I have an old Nikon D50.... and a Canon T6 I bought from a friend in need of cash

I love my Nikon, but I've learned a couple things about my Canon
I can take a decent moon pic (no easy task BTW) with my Canon
Mainly because I got a very good amature photog to come over during a full moon rise, and tied him to a tree until I got a decent pic

Important; Camera settings/lenses

Anyway, this pic was taken years ago, and I've since forgotten everything he told me in regard to aperture settings....

...except one thing......take the pic early in the rise, like on the horizon
That moon, or this earth....or the combination just moves too fast once it's much higher in the sky
Unless you care to invest heavily into a great camera...'large format'....I think I remember him say

Anyway, try one on or near the horizon

This was taken in our meadow about 100 ft from our cabin...…after several dozen failed attempts...yeah, that's three years or more of trying

eyoDWna.jpg
Even Ansel Adams would be proud - this is lovely!

Back