One Thing This Govt. Shutdown Has Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of thinking that has weakened society as a whole. Nobody owes anyone a perfect life or a life without problems.
It also led to over half the nation on welfare in one form or another. Children without father's and millions of single mothers.

Actually I would say it is your kind of thinking that is the problem with today's society.

Actually I would say it is your kind of thinking that is the problem with today's society.

Well thats your opinion good thing we all get to have one. I also don't think any of them who shut it down should get paid, but they are all rich anyway so it wouldn't affect them.

You would have to change or amend the Constitution in order for the Legislative not to be paid.
Article 1, Section 6. Text of Article 1, Section 6: The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.

There needs to be some kind of trigger that automatically continues to fund the government in the event that a spending bill is not passed on time. Politicians should not be allowed to use this ploy for political purposes.

"We the people" voted every single one of those politicians into the offices they currently hold. I rather suspect that the impasse in Washington directly reflects the differences among the voting public. Just sayin' . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back